Parker vs Whyte
(07-09-2018, 10:48 AM)diehard Wrote:
(07-09-2018, 10:15 AM)craigyid14 Wrote: I might go to this, tickets in the cheap seats are only £45.

Will you wear a NZBoxchat t-shirt if you go???

Hahaha good call go on Craigyid14.
When are they getting printed up? :-)
(07-09-2018, 11:35 AM)craigyid14 Wrote: When are they getting printed up? :-)

Good point. Uh, I could print a bunch of them up and you could sell them at the venue? Say half and half profit? Tell Joe he doesn't need to sell his shirts?
Joseph Parker set to train at David Haye's gym in final preparation for Dillian Whyte

Joseph Parker's promoter David Higgins has confirmed the Kiwi heavyweight is due to train at retired British boxer David Haye's gym again ahead of facing Dillian Whyte in London later this month.

Parker has previously trained at Haye's base in London when preparing to fight Anthony Joshua in the heavyweight world title unification bout the 26-year-old New Zealander lost on points in Cardiff on April 1 (NZ time).

Higgins said Haye, 37, who announced his retirement in June, had always been "very accommodating" for Parker.

Parker fights another Brit, Dillian Whyte, on July 29 (NZ time).

"Same as usual, Park Plaza, the Riverbank hotel, and as far as I know, he'll be using the same David Haye gym," he told the UK's Sky Sports ahead of Parker's next fight against Haye's fellow Brit Whyte at London's 02 Arena on July 29 (NZ time).

"David seems to have been very good to us from our first fight up there. David's been very helpful, we're very grateful.

"I'm sure that he and Joseph will discuss tactics and stuff like that. The use of the facilities has been invaluable, they are private, hidden and quiet, and near the hotel."

Parker, the former WBO champion, is set to spend the final two weeks of preparation for fighting Whyte on his home turf at Haye's gym.

Their records are almost identical; Parker is 24-1 and Whyte is 23-1. Parker has won 18 by knockout; Whyte 17.

Haye, a former WBA heavyweight champion, finished his career 28-4 with 26 victories via knockout.
Joseph Parker Getting in Rounds With Molina, Scott For Whyte

Former WBO world heavyweight champion Joseph Parker has been sparring with Eric Molina, as the New Zealander prepares for his upcoming fight Dillian Whyte.

Parker will collide with Whyte on July 28th at The O2 on July 28, live on Sky Sports Box Office.

Parker, who is coming off a March twelve round decision loss to WBO, WBA, IBF, IBO champion Anthony Joshua, is getting ready in Las Vegas with head trainer Kevin Barry.

Besides Molina, Parker is also getting in rounds with Malik Scott.

Molina also has experience with facing Joshua - and was stopped by the current unified champ in three rounds in December 2016 - and he was also stopped by WBC champion Deontay Wilder in nine rounds in 2015.

"Well we're sparring with Eric Molina, also sparring with Malik Scott," Barry told Sky Sports News. "There's a couple of things that we've been working on in the last two days.

"There's a couple of things which happened that I would like to see improved on. For this Dillian Whyte fight, obviously he's got a very aggressive come-forward style. He likes to engage.

"It's very important for us that Joe fights a certain way in this fight and we'll be looking to employ our game-plan that we've put in place and keep perfecting it and getting better with it every time in sparring."

According to Parker, Molina is replicating Whyte's style during their sparring sessions.

After several sparring sessions, Molina was very impressed with the physical abilities of Parker.

"Very strong, he's got a granite chin and moves very well," said Molina. "He's got very, very unique attributes for a heavyweight and he moves well.

"I'm glad to be here and help him out in any way I can. I see him right smack in the mix. He's very unique his style and very hard to duplicate the style that he brings. I wish him the best."
Suspended boxer Eric Molina sparring with Joseph Parker
Heavyweights Dillian Whyte and Joseph Parker will clash in London later this month.

Joseph Parker has turned to a boxer suspended for a doping violation to help him prepare for an upcoming fight with British heavyweight Dillian Whyte.

Parker, who is looking to bounce back from the first loss of his professional career, which came against Anthony Joshua earlier this year, is using Eric Molina, who is serving a two-year ban for doping, as his sparring partner.

The 36-year-old Texan tested positive for dexamethasone, a corticosteroid that is banned by the World Anti-Doping Agency for in-competition use, in a routine test after his own fight with Joshua, back in 2016. His suspension ends in October 2019.

Parker told Sky Sports that Molina is being used to replicate Whyte's style.

"There's a couple of things that we've been working on in the last two days," Parker said. "There's a couple of things which happened that I would like to see improved on. For this Dillian Whyte fight, obviously he's got a very aggressive come-forward style. He likes to engage."

"That's what we sort of look at, fighters that have a lot of similarities to what he brings. I think the guys that we have now are good and there's more guys coming in, and hopefully give us the best work they have."

Molina said he has been impressed by Parker so far.

"Very strong, he's got a granite chin and moves very well. He's got very, very unique attributes for a heavyweight and he moves well," Molina said.

"I'm glad to be here and help him out in any way I can. I see him right smack in the mix. He's very unique his style and very hard to duplicate the style that he brings. I wish him the best."

Whyte himself has previously served a two-year suspension for doping.
Thats crappy sparring but i dont think it'll matter, I think Whyte is a good top 10-20 fighter but Parker is top 5
...and this:

https://www.tvnz.co.nz/one-news/sport/other/we-going-in-best-shape-joseph-parker-spars-anthony-joshuas-former-opponent
I think a lot of people are underestimating Whyte. He keeps getting better where as Parker has somewhat stalled and also Whyte is a great body puncher. Now we know Parker has a great Chin but how well can he take a body shot ?
You have to be a sitting duck to take Whytes big telegraphed Body punches but your right, I haven't seen parker take many body shots. Parker seems very durable and Parkers defense has improved incredibly over the last three years but his offense is worse.