Carlos Takam 35 4 1

welterweight Conor Benn 12 0 0
vs
Cedrick Peynaud 6 5 3

welterweight Daniyar Yeleussinov 2 0 0
vs
TBA
Joseph Parker's London fight with Dillian Whyte almost sold out

Trainer Kevin Barry dishes out orders to Joseph Parker during a sparring session.

Joseph Parker's London fight with Dillian Whyte is on the verge of selling out two weeks after tickets went on sale.

World-rated heavyweights Parker and Whyte clash at the 20,000-seater O2 Arena on July 29 (NZT).

Parker's promoter David Higgins confirmed all but a handful of tickets had now been sold for a fight that will be broadcast on pay-per-view in the UK and New Zealand.

Organisers are looking at ways to squeeze more seating into the venue to meet demand.

The rapid sales are a reflection of south Londoner Whyte's huge support base in the capital and the growing respect for Parker in the UK.

This will be Parker's third fight in Britain within a year.

His first fight there last September against Hughie Fury in Manchester failed to fill the local arena despite it being a world title fight for the Kiwi's WBO belt.

Parker's April 1 clash with Anthony Joshua in Cardiff attracted around 78,000 fans.

Higgins, who cleverly stitched the Whyte fight together with UK counterpart Eddie Hearn inside three days, is delighted with the quick demand for tickets though not surprised.

The fight will command heavy international attention with the winner well positioned to challenge either of the current world champions in Joshua (WBA, IBF and WBO) and Deontay Wilder (WBC).

With Joshua and Wilder failing to lock in their highly anticipated unification bout the scramble for meaningful alternatives continues with Parker v Whyte getting in first.

Parker, taking the fight on late notice, is in a hurried training camp in Las Vegas with the fight now just four weeks away.

"The promotion is going great," Higgins told Stuff on Friday.

"And speaking to Joe in Las Vegas, he's feeling ahead of where he was for the Anthony Joshua fight."

Parker's trainer Kevin Barry confirmed that they were well into their sparring phase of the shortened camp.

"Joe has sparred four times with 30 rounds to date," Barry said.

"No messing around this camp ... we are already well ahead of where we were for the Joshua camp."
Mr Higgins already starting...

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/combat-sports/105147389/dillian-whytes-temper-a-weakness-says-joseph-parkers-promoter-david-higgins
The loser of this fight turns into an opponent for future 'contenders'.
Its a 50/50 fight that I probably favour Whyte purely on home advantage.
(07-04-2018, 06:25 AM)craigyid14 Wrote: The loser of this fight turns into an opponent for future 'contenders'.
Its a 50/50 fight that I probably favour Whyte purely on home advantage.
I feel Parker has more to lose here as he'll most likely have to start from scratch or as you said, become a Takam/Chisora type opponent. Whyte will always be on AJs undercards and likely get another shot again with Hearn's backing and shouldn't have any trouble finding opponents.

Parker should win comfortably for mine, most likely by a comfortable UD. Whyte is very over-rated and if Parker is serious about competing at the top again then he should be putting away guys like Whyte.
I agree. I actually feel Parker will wear Whyte down with his speed and KO him.

Parker wins KO 7
I agree parker poss has more to lose and maybe less to gain..
Whyte will eventually fight AJ again (even if AJ suffers a loss)as the UK public have brought into their beef so it will be a ££fight.
AJ won't and probably can't fit a JP fight in for sometime so only route for a title would mean Wilder ..
A good deal would be JP winning split decision and having a rematch with whyte.. financially anyway
Whyte video:

https://www.facebook.com/Dillian.WhyteBoxing/?hc_ref=ARQyBJ-ATidOm3vhl3NWO7hg5wQH69s_RzZrX5sodCCSclbXMIFvlOlFDYVQAn4T44A&fref=nf
I might go to this, tickets in the cheap seats are only £45.
(07-09-2018, 10:15 AM)craigyid14 Wrote: I might go to this, tickets in the cheap seats are only £45.

Will you wear a NZBoxchat t-shirt if you go???