Parker vs Whyte
If you haven’t watched the first fight between Connor Benn and Cedric Penard it’s well worth it!

Joseph Parker predicted to batter Dillian Whyte in London fight

Dillian Whyte will have his work cut out for him against New Zealand heavyweight Joseph Parker.

Joseph Parker will batter Dillian Whyte in their heavyweight clash in London in July.

That's the bold prediction from Whyte's fierce UK rival Dereck Chisora who will appear on the undercard.

"He's going to get battered," Chisora responded when asked by Sky Sports in Britain about Whyte's chance against Parker.

Dereck Chisora says his UK rival Dillian Whyte is in for a hard time against Joseph Parker.

"Joseph is very fast. It will be a good fight, anyway."

Dillian Whyte and Joseph Parker put their reputations and records on the line in London in late July.

Chisora was hardly going to talk up Whyte given the bad blood between the two.

They had a ding-dong battle over 12 brutal rounds in Manchester in 2016 that Whyte won via a controversial split decision.

The leadup was as heated as the actual fight, with Chisora throwing a table at Whyte in the final press conference.

Chisora rocked Whyte several times in the ring but couldn't finish him off.

Chisora's career has spiralled since then while Whyte has steadily built himself to be one of the main players in the heavyweight division and is on the cusp of a title fight, a position he is risking with this fight against Parker.

Parker is on the comeback following the first loss of his career, a points decision at the hands of Anthony Joshua who added the Kiwi's WBO title to his bulging collection of championship belts.

Parker was the first fighter to go the distance with Joshua and is a favourite with the New Zealand TAB to beat Whyte.

They have Parker at $1.70 to win with Whyte at $2.05.

Despite both fighters having heavy hands, the Kiwi bookies have a points victory to Parker as the favoured option at $2.40. Whyte is paying $3.25 for a points win.

Whyte has the edge in power in the eyes of the TAB, paying $4.50 to be the first boxer to KO Parker.

Parker is paying $5 for a knockout victory, a method that has eluded him in his last four fights.

Chisora fights France's Carlos Takam on an increasingly good undercard.

Kell Brook clashes with Brandon Cook in a world super-lightweight title eliminator, Katie Taylor defends her WBA and IBF world lightweight titles against Kimberly Connor, and Conor Benn and Cedric Peynaud are set for a rematch after their fight of the year brawl in 2017.

- Stuff
Blow for Joseph Parker as WBO rule out giving status to fight with Dillian Whyte

Reputations and important rankings will be at stake when heavyweight boxers Dillian Whyte and Joseph Parker meet in London in July.

The WBO have ruled out handing interim title status to Joseph Parker's fight against Dillian Whyte in a blow to the Kiwi heavyweight boxer's hopes of fast-tracking his way back to a world title shot.

Parker and Whyte clash in London July 29 (NZT).

English promoter Eddie Hearn has labelled it "the people's eliminator" but his hopes to give the juicy fight some formal status now appear forlorn.

"Please be advised the WBO does not sanction interim championships except, under extraordinary circumstances which currently, are not present in the heavyweight division," WBO president Paco Valcarcel told World Boxing News in a statement as they sought some clarity over the situation.

The road back to another crack at Anthony Joshua could be a lengthy one for the 26-year-old Parker.

The WBO have their No 1 Alexander Povetkin eyeing a clash with Joshua, the unified champion. Povetkin is also No 1 with the WBA, putting him in the prime position if Joshua is forced to take on a mandatory fight while he waits to settle terms for the long-awaited clash with American Deontay Wilder, the WBC champion who has the one belt that Joshua doesn't own.

There's also the messy situation with Bulgarian Kubrat Pulev who was forced out of his title fight against Joshua late last year because of injury and still holds claims to getting a chance against the big Brit.

Pulev is currently fuming over being stood up by Whyte. They were set for an IBF eliminator in August but Whyte and Hearn got cold feet over the arrangements being made for the fight in Bulgaria and changed direction to take on Parker in a move that has surprised the whole division.

Whyte at No 2 with the WBO and Parker at No 6 and also their immediate past champion, have claims to make this a fight of significance for the organisation.

It will now be a matter of putting the gloves on, fighting, and seeing where the rankings fall in the aftermath.

Whyte has the most to lose if he is beaten by Parker. Whyte also sits at No 1 with the WBC where Parker has been placed at No 6.

For now, Parker is simply thrilled to rebound into a lucrative and exciting fight against the aggressive Whyte.

It's a risk given Whyte's building form and comfort in the venue at the O2 Arena which is virtually in the Brixton fighter's back yard.

Having had two mixed performances in the UK, Parker is eager to finally show his true worth and knows success against Whyte will keep the door open to what is now the hotbed of the heavyweight scene.

There's Tyson Fury on the comeback and the Manchester monster represents a realistic option if Parker can get back to his winning ways.

Team Parker still hold good relations with the Fury camp, including Parker's strong friendship with "The Gypsy King".

Parker says he is delighted to see Fury finally make his long-awaited comeback and reiterated his desire to fight him if that's the way things fall.

"I feel like it is great for the division because he brings this excitement with the character that he has. He mocks you and mocks you. I am glad he is back," Parker told BoxingScene.

"I think he just says whatever he wants to say or whatever comes to his mind. I don't think he really thinks about it. You can't blame him though. He still thinks he is the best and that he beat the champ. If I had the opportunity to fight him I would love to fight him.

"It could be a great option. He is one of the best in our era and hopefully he can get back to what he was before."

- Stuff
https://www.boxingscene.com/parker-if-i-opportunity-id-love-fight-tyson-fury--129309
David Higgins demands world class referee for Joseph Parker's London fight with Dillian Whyte
Italian referee Giuseppe Quartarone hardly allowed any up close rumbling in Joseph Parker's loss to Anthony Joshua in ...

David Higgins has launched another attack on British boxing officials demanding a world class referee handle Joseph Parker's crucial comeback fight with Dillian Whyte in London.

Parker and Whyte square off on July 29 (NZT) in a fight that will send the winner to the brink of a title fight while the loser will face a career rebuild.

With the stakes so high Higgins doesn't want to see the referee become such a focus as they were for Parker's recent British fights against Hughie Fury and Anthony Joshua.

Eddie Hearn, Dillian Whyte, Joseph Parker and David Higgins have stitched together a huge fight deal for London in July that Higgins wants to see controlled properly in the ring.

Kiwi promoter Higgins had to work overtime to have the British referee changed for the Fury bout and Italian Giuseppe Quartarone's handling of the unification fight with Joshua has been universally condemned.

"Twice we have come to the UK and twice the officiating has involved a level of disgrace," Higgins told Sky Sports in the UK who will again be the host broadcaster.

"There is probably a handful of referees in the world, maybe half a dozen, four or six that are considered the best in the world. Everyone knows who they are, so why for a heavyweight unification [did] they choose an obscure Italian, who has mostly officiated lighter weights?

"It was appalling. He didn't let the boxers engage and fight properly.

"They are on notice. We would like to see the British Boxing Board of Control and the officials selected be competent, experienced, well-known professionals. Ideally neutral with a good track record. We hope that's not too much to ask."

Higgins described New Zealanders has fair-minded people who believe in a level playing field and wants that reciprocated on the other side of the world.

"It's in our culture, we expect the same wherever we go," he said, adding that he felt the British Board of Control "is probably one of the most respected boxing commissions in the world".

The British authority responded by promising "world class" officials for the fight.

Robert Smith, general secretary of the British Boxing Board of Control, told Sky Sports: "The British Boxing Board of Control will make the appropriate appointments in due course for a very important fight for both boxers, and the officials appointed will be world class."

The fight will be shown in New Zealand on Sky Sport's pay-per-view channel with the price set at $49.99.

That's the same price as Parker's huge global fight with Joshua but the Whyte fight promises more action given the aggressive approach of the Londoner and there is also a classy undercard.

- Stuff
(06-26-2018, 11:55 AM)diehard Wrote: David Higgins demands world class referee for Joseph Parker's London fight with Dillian Whyte
Italian referee Giuseppe Quartarone hardly allowed any up close rumbling in Joseph Parker's loss to Anthony Joshua in ...

David Higgins has launched another attack on British boxing officials demanding a world class referee handle Joseph Parker's crucial comeback fight with Dillian Whyte in London.

Parker and Whyte square off on July 29 (NZT) in a fight that will send the winner to the brink of a title fight while the loser will face a career rebuild.

With the stakes so high Higgins doesn't want to see the referee become such a focus as they were for Parker's recent British fights against Hughie Fury and Anthony Joshua.

Eddie Hearn, Dillian Whyte, Joseph Parker and David Higgins have stitched together a huge fight deal for London in July that Higgins wants to see controlled properly in the ring.

Kiwi promoter Higgins had to work overtime to have the British referee changed for the Fury bout and Italian Giuseppe Quartarone's handling of the unification fight with Joshua has been universally condemned.

"Twice we have come to the UK and twice the officiating has involved a level of disgrace," Higgins told Sky Sports in the UK who will again be the host broadcaster.

"There is probably a handful of referees in the world, maybe half a dozen, four or six that are considered the best in the world. Everyone knows who they are, so why for a heavyweight unification [did] they choose an obscure Italian, who has mostly officiated lighter weights?

"It was appalling. He didn't let the boxers engage and fight properly.

"They are on notice. We would like to see the British Boxing Board of Control and the officials selected be competent, experienced, well-known professionals. Ideally neutral with a good track record. We hope that's not too much to ask."

Higgins described New Zealanders has fair-minded people who believe in a level playing field and wants that reciprocated on the other side of the world.

"It's in our culture, we expect the same wherever we go," he said, adding that he felt the British Board of Control "is probably one of the most respected boxing commissions in the world".

The British authority responded by promising "world class" officials for the fight.

Robert Smith, general secretary of the British Boxing Board of Control, told Sky Sports: "The British Boxing Board of Control will make the appropriate appointments in due course for a very important fight for both boxers, and the officials appointed will be world class."

The fight will be shown in New Zealand on Sky Sport's pay-per-view channel with the price set at $49.99.

That's the same price as Parker's huge global fight with Joshua but the Whyte fight promises more action given the aggressive approach of the Londoner and there is also a classy undercard.

- Stuff

With all due respect.. the ref, Quartarone, did not halt any action.  He simply seperated two boxers who were using the clinch to recover.  True, he didn't allow the boxers to waltz in the clinch nor did he wait for one to start throwing punches.. which is fine.  Had JP sparked into action in close quarters, the ref would not have seperated the fighters.. but, JP didn't.  Barry and Higgins are clutching at straws when they laser in on the refs performance. 

Having read most of the post fight analysis I am surprised that the Parker camp have boiled down the loss to two things; not enough mongrel and not enough punches.  These two revelations are remarkable in the face of the glaringly obvious; Joe's inability to handle the jab and to find his range.  More mongrel and punches would not have changed a thing.. mobility and slipping skills may have..

The Whyte fight is too soon for JP in my opinion.  In a vain rush to resurrect the winning way Team P risk missing the opportunity to skill Joe up. There was a lot to digest and take on after the Josuha fight.  JP was outprepared, outcoached, outmanaged, outboxed, outmoved, outeverything.. (sorry - he was not outdressed) and the lessons learnt boiled down to more punches, mongrel and a poor ref! Team P have obviously gained nothing from the Title experience.  Denial substitutes deliberate ignorance for thoughtful planning..

Good Luck Joe

V.
The more I look at JP last 3 fights I have moved slightly towards Whyte being the favourite. JP is faster etc but have not landed or looked like landing a meaningful punch in any of those bouts/
DW may not have the hand speed but he connects and connects regularly to head and body.
I hope like hell they have worked hard at improving punch stats and setting up combos otherwise could be a painful night if DW senses blood
Even with JP's last outings I still back him to beat Whyte. I have alot of confidence in him after his last poor offensive performance with AJ. What I took from that fight is Parker had the balls to stand within AJs reach all night, that takes balls of steel. What he couldn't do was capitalise when ever he made AJ miss. Whyte will have a hard night catching Parker and Whyte is open every time he attacks. I believe the fight is 60/40 in Parkers favour due to a few things. Parkers better footwork, parker being more selective on his spurts, parkers better defense and slightly faster hands. Whyte comes in with better reach, more power, more killer instinct, risk taker and confidence. Its going to be a cracker but I back Parker to be the more well rounded fighter with better defense and picking his shits off better.
I like what u say Bop and hope it goes that way. I want JP to win and be successful(already has been with a WT and $$), another shot at a title for another big payday would be great and hopefully he is sensible with his winnings and ain't fighting in his 40's. I have a good feeling he will be sorted