AJ vs Wilder
Hearn doesn't want it that's my feeling and hard to blame him
AJ v Wilder is big ££ big risk as Wilder is capable of hurting AJ and likely to KO him (not 100% I know
AJ can instead fight Miller , Povetkin, Whyte or Parker2 and sell out Cardiff or wembly for each fight making only a few mil less for each fight... so 1 fight earns him 25-50 mil or fight 3 of the guys above and (winning presuming) and pocket 100mil and increase his win record.
Wilder on the other hand fights 3 more guys while waiting and pockets 4mil total...
Anthony Joshua ordered by WBA to fight Alexander Povetkin and ditch Deontay Wilder

Anthony Joshua owns the WBA, IBF, WBO & IBO heavyweight title belts after defeating Joseph Parker in Cardiff on March 31.

Anthony Joshua was ordered to sign a deal to fight Alexander Povetkin "within 24 hours" or face being stripped of the WBA portion of his world heavyweight boxing titles.

The WBA lost patience with the talks between Joshua and WBC champion Deontay Wilder for a unification bout, and want Joshua to fight its mandatory challenger from Russia.

WBA president Gilberto Mendoza said on Tuesday (Wednesday NZ Time) in a statement: "The WBA have allowed over a month extension to negotiations with Povetkin and also ongoing discussions with Deontay Wilder.

"It appears the Wilder team have not returned the contract for the fight and therefore we are requesting a date for the Joshua versus Povetkin fight with immediate effect."

There seemed no choice for Joshua (21-0, 20 KO).

His promoter Eddie Hearn told Sky Sports on Tuesday (Wednesday NZT) they will not relinquish the WBA belt to wait for Wilder. Joshua owns three of the big four belts, and aims to become the first undisputed champion since Lennox Lewis in 2000. His WBA and IBF belts were joined by the WBO version he relieved from New Zealand's Joseph Parker in a unanimous points decision on March 31.

"We're not going to lose a belt to the WBA through ordering a mandatory," Hearn said. "If Povetkin is ready to go then that will be next. It will be in September, and then we fight Wilder straight after, if he signs a contract."

The WBA originally gave the promoters of Joshua and Povetkin until May 5 to reach an agreement then extended the deadline twice because of a potential deal with Wilder.

Hearn said they gave Wilder's team a contract nine days ago, and their reaction didn't come until Sunday (Monday NZT), when they proposed to offer comments this Friday (Saturday NZT).

"They know we're under pressure from the WBA and it all feels like a big game," Hearn said.

"We have to get on with our business. If Povetkin is ready to sign a contract then he's next. Conversations and negotiations will continue with Deontay Wilder and we'll sign that contract at any moment.

"The important thing is to maintain the belts."

Povetkin (34-1, 24 KO) became the WBA mandatory challenger last December when he beat Christian Hammer of Romania by unanimous decision. He enhanced his record in March by knocking out David Price of England in the fifth round on the undercard of the Joshua-Parker fight in Cardiff.

Povetkin held the WBA "regular" title from 2011 to 2013, when he suffered his only loss in a unification fight with Wladimir Klitschko by unanimous decision.
What will happen if Povetkin goes to purse bid and wins

I can't see AJ fighting in Russia
Higgins: Give Parker a fair crack

The promoter for Joseph Parker has put the British Boxing Board of Control on notice to provide a top quality referee for the New Zealand heavyweight's looming clash with Dillian Whyte in the Englishman's backyard.

In what will be his first bout since losing his WBO belt to British star Anthony Joshua in their world title unification fight at the start of April, Parker is set to fight fellow highly-ranked title contender Whyte in London on July 29 (NZ time).

The South Aucklander became the first to take Joshua the distance as a professional as the latter won an unanimous points decision but much debate after the fight centred on Italian referre Giuseppe Quartarone.

Higgins hit out about Quartarone separating the fighters far too often, while he also voiced anger about, and eventually managed to have changed, the referee for Parker's previous fight, a points win over Hughie Fury last September.

The promoter said he didn't want any headaches around the referee for next month's bout at the O2 Arena, where the winner will put themselves firmly in the equation alongside heavyweight world title holders Joshua and American Deontay Wilder.

"Twice we have come to the UK and twice the officiating has involved a level of disgrace," Higgins told Sky Sport UK.

"There is probably a handful of referees in the world, maybe half a dozen, four or six that are considered the best in the world. Everyone knows who they are, so why for a heavyweight unification [did] they choose an obscure Italian, who has mostly officiated lighter weights?

"It was appalling. He didn't let the boxers engage and fight properly."

Under the watchful eye of referee Giuseppe Quartarone, Joseph Parker was unable to spend much time fighting at close quarters with
Higgins, whose tirade at a press conference prior to Parker's fight against Fury led to the British board changing the referee, added that the governing body were on notice.

"We would like to see the British Boxing Board of Control and the officials selected be competent, experienced, well-known professionals.

"Ideally neutral with a good track record. We hope that's not too much to ask."

The general secretary for the British board, Robert Smith said Higgins could be assured the standard of officiating would reflect the importance of the bout.

Both Parker and Whyte are highly ranked heavyweights, the New Zealander being a world title holder just three months ago and the brash Brit on a seven-fight win streak which has him in the top four with three of the division's major sanctioning bodies.

The pair have suffered just one loss each as professionals, Parker's only defeat in 25 fights coming to Joshua and Whyte (23-1) also going down to the undefeated champion at the end of 2015.

Meanwhile, New Zealand fans will pay $49.99 to watch the fight on Sky Sport's pay-per-view channel or online streaming service Fan Pass, the same price as was set for Parker's world title unification fight with Joshua.

Given Whyte's aggressive nature and willingness to take risks, though, this clash could be a more entertaining spectacle than what transpired in Parker's chess match with Joshua.

The bout will also come at the end of an undercard which features several other high profile boxers.

- RNZ
Wilder: These MF never ever wanted this fight period
EXTREME PROFANITY WARNING

Whoa! WBC heavyweight champ Deontay Wilder has unloaded on WBA/IBF/WBO heavyweight champion Anthony Joshua, who will be defending his title in September against Alexander Povetkin rather than unifying with Wilder. In a series of tweets Wilder stated…

Bro these MF NEVER EVER WANTED THIS FIGHT PERIOD!! it’s obvious they showed sign of it when they didn’t want me in the ring. Coward ass MF lead the boxing fans on for 3 months. They held this shit up for this very moment. The world have seen the truth they are Fucking Coward.

All they had to do is say they were scared to fight period. But instead made themselves look like what they are not stand up guys and fucking scammers. If your scared say you’re scared. He can just be the champ of England fuck them??

Stop with the bullshit we did it all! you fuckers didn’t want this work you scared MFers . You talk shit but can’t back nothing up you coward and now the ppl see the truth. I’m so happy it’s over now I’ve done my part the world seen that so stay in England with that BS

Over here we understand and can identify a coward ass bitch. I knew I smelt pussy lmao smdh. I’m so happy the Bullshit is done and p.s. fuck your offer bitch we will have the last laugh I promise you this!!

I knew I smelt pussy but damn @anthonyfjoshua I didn’t know the odor was that strong you coward ass bitch. Had the world waiting for 3 months playing games just for this moment. You’re not a true champion!! you’re just a weak-minded coward that’s holding hard metal. #Facts

“I didn’t come all this way JUST to come all this way” #BombZquad #51-0 #Letsgo
Wilder will knock AJ clean out and he knows it.
And Hearn was worried about Mr Higgins at the press conference??? Wait til he gets a load of Wilder!
I think Wilder singed something but must be a funky contract. Wilder seems legitimately pissed. I think wilder took to long. Ahh well POV vs AJ still a good fight.
It would really throw cat amongst the pukekos if Povertkin wins.... probably a few too many years late for Povetkin but not beyond the realms...better chance than what JP had on experience alone
(06-28-2018, 03:03 PM)bopman Wrote: I think Wilder singed something but must be a funky contract. Wilder seems legitimately pissed. I think wilder took to long. Ahh well POV vs AJ still a good fight.

Easy fight for AJ, unless Povetkin can take the fight to Russia and get juiced.