What's next for Joseph Parker?
Shane mcguigan, adam booth or brendon ingle all uk trainers who could bring something different for joe
(04-04-2018, 12:11 AM)Infern0 Wrote: Rob McCracken one of the most underrated coaches imo.

Yeah McCracken is great don't know if he would suit Parker though. I think maybe Adam Booth
(04-04-2018, 12:57 AM)U.K. Fight Fan Wrote: McCracken is a good coach.  Done great things for Team GB.  His fighters tend to be fundamentally very sound.  

I'd like to see Parker fight in the UK.  There's alot of options for him.  Think Chisora would be a fun comeback fight.  Not sure whether he would move to UK or just train in Vegas and fly over.  Maybe he should consider leaving Barry.  He's done good things for Parker but i think he's taken him as far as he can go.  Also, I don't think he is working to Parker's strengths.  He was getting him to box on the backfoot when he is a small heavyweight with short reach, and was fighting a bigger man.  Parker needs to be taught how to get inside properly if he is going to compete against the giants in the division.  

If he does base himself in the UK and gets a new trainer, I think Shane McGuigan could be a good match.  He's done good work with Frampton and Groves.  Groves' inside work has improved alot with McGuigan, especially to the body. His other fighter, Josh Taylor, is a fantastic inside fighter.
Man this is spot on!!!
I agree I think Adam Booth is a good fit for Joe - maybe joe does his time in Vegas then heads over for training camps
Can't see KB being open to that though like a training partnership
That's only if JP doesn't want to drop KB- I think he won't but like to see new input somehow
Even the All Blacks just don't rely on Hansen they have attack/defence coaches and many more
I think Parker improved quite a lot for this fight. His defence was better, his movement had improved somewhat. He didn't get caught sliding along the ropes like he used to. His jab was back

He's never leaving Kevin Barry, we all know it. What I'm curious about is how Barry can improve as a coach? Will he accept advice and input from other experts in the field. I hope so for Joe's sake
In the last picture, Parker beautifully slips AJ's jab and delivers a punch of his own.  Next step: be in position to continue throwing jabs once he slips a punch.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/combat-sports/102804583/joseph-parker-arrives-back-in-new-zealand-ready-to-plot-comeback-to-the-top-of-world-boxing
(04-03-2018, 09:59 PM)bopman Wrote:
(04-03-2018, 09:38 PM)Msreef Wrote: I don't think Joe needs to look for a new trainer. He has been improving, give him a couple more years under KB and we'll see how he goes. The guy is only 26. Joe has had some tough awkward fights in the last year or so, he just needs to drop down a level or two and practice his skills against top 15 opponents to hone what he has been working on in the gym.

We've all said that a loss may be good for Joe, it may be good for KB as well.

I believe Jo has improved leaps and bounds in certain areas but his Offence hasn't changes in at least 2 and a half years. He really is one dimensional in his attack and his double jab is to easily timed. I agree with you that this loss can be looked at as a positive for KB and Joe, I just hope they see there floors as easily as we can. I hope there are no justifications for the loss because that means they didn't learn anything. Skill and tactics where needed to beat Joshua not brawling and hoping he would get tired. KB really got beaten by McCracken here, AJs plan worked and Jo's plan didn't even begin.  
agreed bopman. 
(04-04-2018, 07:22 PM)Calikiwi Wrote:
(04-03-2018, 09:38 PM)Msreef Wrote: I don't think Joe needs to look for a new trainer. He has been improving, give him a couple more years under KB and we'll see how he goes. The guy is only 26. Joe has had some tough awkward fights in the last year or so, he just needs to drop down a level or two and practice his skills against top 15 opponents to hone what he has been working on in the gym.

I believe Jo has improved leaps and bounds in certain areas but his Offence hasn't changes in at least 2 and a half years. He really is one dimensional in his attack and his double jab is to easily timed. I agree with you that this loss can be looked at as a positive for KB and Joe, I just hope they see there floors as easily as we can. I hope there are no justifications for the loss because that means they didn't learn anything. Skill and tactics where needed to beat Joshua not brawling and hoping he would get tired. KB really got beaten by McCracken here, AJs plan worked and Jo's plan didn't even begin.  
agreed bopman. 

I was hoping the improvement would come BEFORE the AJ fight, not after it. Little sick of KB saying Joe didn't use the double jab. If he's not going to hit AJ with the first one, as the stats show, why throw a second one?
(04-04-2018, 09:35 PM)diehard Wrote:

agreed bopman. 

I was hoping the improvement would come BEFORE the AJ fight, not after it. Little sick of KB saying Joe didn't use the double jab. If he's not going to hit AJ with the first one, as the stats show, why throw a second one?

Probably more to close the distance die and get inside.
So how do
(04-04-2018, 09:43 PM)Nigs Wrote:
(04-04-2018, 09:35 PM)diehard Wrote:

agreed bopman. 

Probably more to close the distance die and get inside.

So how do you close the distance by getting inside. The jabs start on the outside, right? Then what's next? Walk me through it.