Joshua vs Parker betting
Did anyone see Craig Stanaway stopping AJ to talk to after the stare down? Man that guys is annoying.
(01-17-2018, 04:35 PM)Msreef Wrote: Did anyone see Craig Stanaway stopping AJ to talk to after the stare down? Man that guys is annoying.

Yeah it was embarrasing. Stanaway talks trash ad nauseum then started fanboying in joshuas presence
(01-17-2018, 04:13 PM)diehard Wrote: Just to add a couple of things about the press conference:  At the stare down, JP looked almost as tall as AJ, maybe an inch difference.  Tyson Fury won the fight with Klit at the press conference.  He completely mentally deranged Klit, before getting deranged himself.

[Image: 905547030.jpg?w=480&h=306&crop=1]

That is clearly more than an inch

Plus parker was in dress shoes and joshua was in sneakers. There will be a noticable difference in the ring.
OK, 2 inches?

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/other-sports/100650361/anthony-joshua-hits-back-at-joseph-parkers-steroid-jabs
Whyte is apparently 6'4.

[Image: Anthony-Joshua-and-Dillian-Whyte-Press-Conference.jpg]

[Image: joshua-parker%20(5).jpg]

[Image: u8pl4.jpg]

AJ has some pretty thick soled shoes on himself. I think the height of JP story kind of needs to die, fake news imo hah. JP seems to be around 6'4 - KB said today that JP is 6'4 and a half. Maybe he's a bit under 6'4, maybe he's a bit over it, but he's no midget.
(01-17-2018, 05:12 PM)diehard Wrote: OK, 2 inches?

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/other-sports/100650361/anthony-joshua-hits-back-at-joseph-parkers-steroid-jabs

I think itll be about 2"

Parker is 6'4 aj is 6'6 i think those are correct heights. Problem range wise is parker has short arms while aj has long arms plus height.

BUT thatll be to parkers advantage up close
(01-17-2018, 05:13 PM)Msreef Wrote: Whyte is apparently 6'4.

[Image: Anthony-Joshua-and-Dillian-Whyte-Press-Conference.jpg]

[Image: joshua-parker%20(5).jpg]

[Image: u8pl4.jpg]

AJ has some pretty thick soled shoes on himself. I think the height of JP story kind of needs to die, fake news imo hah. JP seems to be around 6'4 - KB said today that JP is 6'4 and a half. Maybe he's a bit under 6'4, maybe he's a bit over it, but he's no midget.

Theres a difference in footwear of a 240lb man in foam soles vs those nice wooden heeled dress shoes that parker got from barkers menswear last week (fitted by david declerk, i work for barkers but dont tell them i post here)

But yeah to me they are both as billed, ive heard on here in the last 18 months that parker had grown to be taller than the 6'5" izu and that joshua was actually only 6'5" 

So imagine my surprise when they stood next to each other and all of that was BS!!! I expected jp to be the taller man!

Parker is 6'4 as billed joshua is 6'6 as billed

Isnt going to play a huge role anyway, measurements dont win fights.
(01-17-2018, 05:14 PM)Infern0 Wrote:
(01-17-2018, 05:12 PM)diehard Wrote: OK, 2 inches?

I think itll be about 2"

Parker is 6'4 aj is 6'6 i think those are correct heights. Problem range wise is parker has short arms while aj has long arms plus height.

BUT thatll be to parkers advantage up close

Izu's reach is significantly longer than AJ's. 207cm to 213cm, or something like that. So he's used to sparring guys with longer reaches. Parker's problem will be both getting inside that reach AND not getting hit with AJ's power. AND, I think AJ has the tighter defense. To win, Parker needs to stay off the line of attack, fight from angles, and improve his footwork to get inside and let his hands go.
Yep parker definitely 6,4 as Eddie hearn is no midget at 6, 5 easy. Parker looked similar height. I feel sometimes trainers can make you taller than dress shoes depending on trainers and dress shoes lol. Parker look a tad taller than whyte from pics with eddie hearn.
Infern0, off topic. I used to get half my clothes from Barker's. Some at the main store in Lambton Quay and some at the outlet in Tawa. I told them that since I buy so many clothes there, I want to be a model for, um, er older gentlemen. They said sure. Matt, the ginger haired manager, is my mate there. Do you know him?