If Parker and Ortiz (somehow) win, is it good for heavyweight boxing?
I say yes. No way Wilder or AJ are giving up their trinkets without rematch clauses, so we would see some pretty good heavyweight action in the meantime.
I give both the underdogs a chance. We saw how hard JP had to work to take the "0" off Ruiz. I think Hughie felt the strength and ran
Ortiz might be 52, but the way he schooled Jennings was very impressive, and I've never seen him in trouble.
The 2 "iron chins" vs the 2 ko artists, with apparently suspect chins

Good stuff
How close is the Wilder/Ortiz fight? I'd rate it an even fight if Ortiz doesn't get old on me. Ortiz is a lefty, has power, and has great skills. I'd only worry about how slow he is. Not a good match-up for Wilder, or AJ for that matter.
Wilder Ortiz is done (if you believe Wilder)
"I'm blessing you with another chance"
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uOybESmbmUI
Around 8 minutes
No.

We'd have a drugs cheat and a guy who robbed andy ruiz at the top of the division, oh yeah awesome for heavyweight boxing

I dont think hughie "felt the strength and ran" at all. He boxed the same way he always does he just threw 2-3 too few right hands per round. Parker looked awful in that fight but hughie coasted on his cleaner work and got it wrong regarding the required volume.
(12-11-2017, 05:52 PM)diehard Wrote: How close is the Wilder/Ortiz fight?  I'd rate it an even fight if Ortiz doesn't get old on me.  Ortiz is a lefty, has power, and has great skills.  I'd only worry about how slow he is.  Not a good match-up for Wilder, or AJ for that matter.

Ortiz is 67 years old and has been on the slide for a few years now. He is basically immobile now, though he still has good combination punching and power, any taller opponent who can move around a bit and land power from the outside will handle him.

I dont rate wilder but current ortiz is a good style match up for him. Wilder will just keep it long and pummel him from range.
(12-11-2017, 07:22 PM)Infern0 Wrote: No.

We'd have a drugs cheat and a guy who robbed andy ruiz at the top of the division, oh yeah awesome for heavyweight boxing

I dont think hughie "felt the strength and ran" at all. He boxed the same way he always does he just threw 2-3 too few right hands per round. Parker looked awful in that fight but hughie coasted on his cleaner work and got it wrong regarding the required volume.

No one robbed ruiz
I don't think it would be good. Wilder v Joshua is a huge fight right now which would be great for boxing. To lose that would be a massive shame.
No it'd be terrible, the division is lacking in talent anyway but Joshua is the best of a bad bunch and at least Wilder looks like he can punch. Parker and Ortiz are two of the more boring fighters of the division.
Its actually one of the most stupid questions ive seen tbh
(12-12-2017, 12:01 AM)mippy Wrote:
(12-11-2017, 07:22 PM)Infern0 Wrote: No.

No one robbed ruiz

Yeah exactly - close fight but no way no how a robbery. JP can guts out a win maybe handy v AJ
The only worry is while Ruiz has the faster hands AJ punches like thunder so taking a punch to get one in may be suicide. JP chin will have to be as good or better than his team are saying