Poll: Who you picking
Anthony Joshua
Joseph Parker
I cant pick a winner
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Joshua vs Parker im sure is up next, who are you picking.
Here's a question, then.

Why and how did JP look so amazing against Dimitrenko - yet not against the others?

Of his recent fights, Dimitranko and AJ are the most similar to each other
(11-10-2017, 08:43 PM)Kiwi Wrote: Here's a question, then.

Why and how did JP look so amazing against Dimitrenko - yet not against the others?

They are. Which is why he can beat AJ if he re-discovers his speed, and adds some of that power that he had with Dimitrenko. But you have to remember that AJ has world class power, and fights like a machine, using a wide variety of punches in combinations. Unlike Dimitrenko.
(11-10-2017, 08:38 PM)Infern0 Wrote:
(11-10-2017, 04:27 PM)diehard Wrote: Joe may have given it everything he had against Takam, but he made some really novice mistakes.  Like going straight back when attacked, coming off the ropes with his chin held high, not good footwork.  All things that would make Joe a much better fighter if he corrected them.  My worry is that he's developed more novice mistakes.  Like no left hook, lunging, no second phase attack, closing his eyes when he punches, staying in the pocket after he punches while keeping his face in range, etc.  All correctable, and hopefully KB can correct all this while at his Auckland camp.  The worry is that he's making these mistakes while being trained by KB.

I think Barry has trained these mistakes into him and you wouldn't want to be working on trying to reverse all of that in one camp.

My thoughts were that JP needed to leave KB after the Ruiz jr fight but they have persisted. He could get away with it vs Razman and the very negative, low output hughie fury but i think the mistakes are gonna catch up here.

Unfortunately, all true Infern0. He needs to change trainers, and get back to where he was. He looked great with Dimitrenko and Meehan.
(11-10-2017, 08:43 PM)Kiwi Wrote: Here's a question, then.

Because dimitrenko sucks mate, i told you all before the fight , you know i have picked against parker and picked him to struggle but i said he would mangle dimitrenko because i know dimitrenko is trash.

and ill say it again now, he's awful. He got schooled by eddie chambers and dropped heavily, he's featherfisted and imobile. He is at BEST a B- level heavyweight and that's being generous. Id pick molina, brezeale and whyte to all stop him.

Parker could afford to just walk in carelessly and load up bombs with zero fear of anything coming back.

You think he can do the same vs AJ because they are similar size and aj has looked a bit immobile in recent fights?

Even against wlad he showed subtle head movement and slipped quite a lot.

I dont see that dimitrenko form as being important at all against joshua because they are totally different fighters. Joshua may be a bit immobile but he hits WAY harder, is faster and more accurate than dimitrenko.

I'll also add that dimutrenko is physically weak, he got bullied by eddie chambers. Did you notice that klitschko who is incredibly strong didnt clinch joshua, it's because he COULDNT clinch joshua. 
(11-10-2017, 09:02 PM)diehard Wrote:
(11-10-2017, 04:27 PM)diehard Wrote: Joe may have given it everything he had against Takam, but he made some really novice mistakes.  Like going straight back when attacked, coming off the ropes with his chin held high, not good footwork.  All things that would make Joe a much better fighter if he corrected them.  My worry is that he's developed more novice mistakes.  Like no left hook, lunging, no second phase attack, closing his eyes when he punches, staying in the pocket after he punches while keeping his face in range, etc.  All correctable, and hopefully KB can correct all this while at his Auckland camp.  The worry is that he's making these mistakes while being trained by KB.

I think Barry has trained these mistakes into him and you wouldn't want to be working on trying to reverse all of that in one camp.

My thoughts were that JP needed to leave KB after the Ruiz jr fight but they have persisted. He could get away with it vs Razman and the very negative, low output hughie fury but i think the mistakes are gonna catch up here.

Unfortunately, all true Infern0. He needs to change trainers, and get back to where he was. He looked great with Dimitrenko and Meehan.

Did he look great, or did the opponent just not expose his weaknesses?
It's not like he had another trainer for Meehan and Dimitrenko.
You obviously missed Dimitrenko's last bout - he stopped an undefeated up and comer in Granat in the first. Not bad for a 'physically weak' trash fighter.

Parker has had the learning fights and it's time to put it all together. Picking he will do the deed and pull out a late stoppage when behind on the cards.
(11-10-2017, 10:03 PM)Nablonicasso Wrote: You obviously missed Dimitrenko's last bout - he stopped an undefeated up and comer in Granat in the first. Not bad for a 'physically weak' trash fighter.

Parker has had the learning fights and it's time to put it all together. Picking he will do the deed and pull out a late stoppage when behind on the cards.

No I didn't miss it, i've seen almost all of Dimitrenkos fights since Eddie Chambers.

I don't read anything into the Granat fight, as I said Dimitrenko is B- level fighter, Granat may just be a swedish Tye Fields for all we know. 
Yes, Dimitrenko is a B level fighter. I was talking more about Parker's performance against him and Meehan. I do realise that the opponent has a lot to do with how well Joe looks. I thought AJ looked good against a quality opponent in Takam. Don't listen to the critics; Takam had a 10 week camp. Wilder looked great against a heavy bag.
(11-10-2017, 09:19 PM)Msreef Wrote:
(11-10-2017, 09:02 PM)diehard Wrote:

Unfortunately, all true Infern0.  He needs to change trainers, and get back to where he was.  He looked great with Dimitrenko and Meehan.

Did he look great, or did the opponent just not expose his weaknesses?
It's not like he had another trainer for Meehan and Dimitrenko.

(11-11-2017, 12:06 PM)diehard Wrote: Yes, Dimitrenko is a B level fighter.  I was talking more about Parker's performance against him and Meehan.  I do realise that the opponent has a lot to do with how well Joe looks.  I thought AJ looked good against a quality opponent in Takam.  Don't listen to the critics; Takam had a 10 week camp.  Wilder looked great against a heavy bag.

Yeah joe can look devestating if he has an easy target with nothing coming back. Now that might spund like a criticism but it really isnt, he needs to learn how to make that attack mobile because he struggles to put shots together whilst moving, its a common failing amongst heavyweights, David Haye was one of few who could actually put powerful combinations together whilst moving backwards.

My point is joe isnt going to be able to plant his feet and throw hell to leather against someone as dangerous as AJ.

I actually wouldnt mind seeing parker get adam booth as a trainer, i think he'd be a good fit and booth would get him to use his legs more effectively and make him a much better fighter, notice haye has an interest in parker, i think he sees joe could do well using a prime haye style.
He could, if he used a prime Haye style. Haye was fast, threw lots of punches, and with power. Which is what Parker needs to do against AJ. I give full props to KB for getting him this far. Now he needs to pass the baton. Adam Booth would be great. Sanchez too. He's in Vegas. And Freddie is not far away in LA. But KB's ego tells him he's the best man for the job.