Terrence crawford named mandatory for Horn
(10-27-2017, 07:00 PM)craigyid14 Wrote: I wouldn't say Horn's a fraud but like Parker he's overrated, personally I think he lost to Pacman, but that's boxing. Big kudos for stepping into the ring with him though, you can tell Duco are his promoters though, taking him down the WBO route, easily the shittiest belt with the worst rankings. I mean how on earth is Corocon in there top fifteen? He's probably British top ten at best.

WBO belt lineage

Welterweight
Floyd Mayweather
Timothy Bradley
Jessie Vargas
Manny Pacquiao
Jeff Horn

Heavyweight
Vladimir Klitschko
Tyson Fury
Joseph Parker

The “shittiest belt” has had some pretty reasonable fighters wearing it of late
The WBA in the heavyweight division has been the biggest joke of late.  Their stupid tournament.  Ortiz vs Oquendo.  Ortiz a drug cheat.  Now Oquendo vs Ustinov.
Isn't Pulev's camp now pushing to fight Oquendo?
(10-27-2017, 09:31 PM)Westywarrior Wrote:
(10-27-2017, 07:00 PM)craigyid14 Wrote: I wouldn't say Horn's a fraud but like Parker he's overrated, personally I think he lost to Pacman, but that's boxing. Big kudos for stepping into the ring with him though, you can tell Duco are his promoters though, taking him down the WBO route, easily the shittiest belt with the worst rankings. I mean how on earth is Corocon in there top fifteen? He's probably British top ten at best.

WBO belt lineage

Welterweight
Floyd Mayweather
Timothy Bradley
Jessie Vargas
Manny Pacquiao
Jeff Horn

Heavyweight
Vladimir Klitschko
Tyson Fury
Joseph Parker

The “shittiest belt” has had some pretty reasonable fighters wearing it of late

Hmmm. Mayweather gave it up straight away without even defending it,  Vargas beat a bunny for the vacant title and Bradley and Pacman fought eachother a bunch of times. The trilogy was more important than the shitty WBO bauble. As for the heavys , they were unified titles. My biggest gripe with the WBO is there disgraceful ratings.
Horn seems like a gutsy fighter, but would be well out of his depth against Crawford who has unbelievable skills. The guy is one of my favourite fighters to watch - what about that body shot that stopped Indongo in his last fight?
Horn: Don’t underestimate me!

By Ray Wheatley — World of Boxing
WBO welterweight champion Jeff Horn says people shouldn’t count him out when he defends the championship against the mandatory contender Terrance Crawford in 2018. “Everyone should learn not to underestimate me,” Horn told The Daily Telegraph.”That’s one of my biggest strengths. People underestimate me and then I win. Nobody is going to take this belt away from me cheaply!”
Horn also discussed his promotional arrangement with Hall of Fame Promoter Bob Arum.
“Bob Arum wants one of his fighters to hold onto that belt. He’s got a two-fight deal with me, so Terence Crawford would be my last one. It depends if we are going to renegotiate a contract or whether he wants Terence to win because he’s a Top Rank fighter,” Horn said.
Horn will next defend the championship against WBO #11 Gary Corcoran on December 13 in Brisbane.
“I’m not going to look too far ahead. I’ve got to take care of Gary first. He’s told me he wants to take this belt from me so that has to be my focus. Then I’ll see who the #1 contender is next year.”