Wilder vs Stiverne
(11-06-2017, 05:18 PM)diehard Wrote: Keep in mind that Wilder hit Stiverne with a jab and a straight right, with Stiverne throwing nothing.  I don't even think Stiverne connected with a jab the whole fight.  Anyway, after Stiverne went down, and was hurt, he was Wilder's bitch?  Wilder keeping his hands down, throwing wide, wild shots, was all for show.  Stiverne basically quit after going down the first time, if not quitting before the fight.  That won't happen with AJ, or Parker for that matter.  Nor would it have happened to Takam.

To be honest with you stiverne looked like a beaten man as he was making his way to the ring. I think he knew he was out of shape and didnt have it any more. There were reports that joe joyce (who isnt very good) gave stiverne a beat down in sparring. After what i saw last night i think thats true. 
I thought he put on the extra weight so that he could go for the KO. Nope, he put on the extra weight cause he didn't come to fight, only to collect the paycheck and retire. Also, I didn't realise he was 39. BTW, Parker used to spar with Stiverne, and KB wanted to fight him several years ago. What does that tell you?
(11-06-2017, 06:29 PM)Infern0 Wrote:
(11-06-2017, 05:18 PM)diehard Wrote: Keep in mind that Wilder hit Stiverne with a jab and a straight right, with Stiverne throwing nothing.  I don't even think Stiverne connected with a jab the whole fight.  Anyway, after Stiverne went down, and was hurt, he was Wilder's bitch?  Wilder keeping his hands down, throwing wide, wild shots, was all for show.  Stiverne basically quit after going down the first time, if not quitting before the fight.  That won't happen with AJ, or Parker for that matter.  Nor would it have happened to Takam.

To be honest with you stiverne looked like a beaten man as he was making his way to the ring. I think he knew he was out of shape and didnt have it any more. There were reports that joe joyce (who isnt very good) gave stiverne a beat down in sparring. After what i saw last night i think thats true. 
He sure did. This performance changes nothing for me. Stiverne got his paycheck which is all he wanted now he can retire for good. I still think AJ beats Wilder comfortably.
(11-06-2017, 07:21 PM)African Monkey Wrote:
(11-06-2017, 06:29 PM)Infern0 Wrote:

He sure did. This performance changes nothing for me. Stiverne got his paycheck which is all he wanted now he can retire for good. I still think AJ beats Wilder comfortably.

Not a great matchup for AJ stylistically . Wilder has height reach and power. AJ won’t be able to wear too many of those right hands . I see AJ Wilder a 50/50 fight .
From Lucas Browne:

These my friends are Wilder's opponents and where they were ranked when he fought them. Now I've heard of bringing a fighter along slowly but REALLY??? There are on average 1,393 Heavyweights ranked in the World and Wilder fought 19 fighters that couldn't even make that cut. This is why I call Deantay Wilder just another American Hype Job sold to the highest bidders/SUCKERS hook, line and sinker!!! How anyone can support or even respect this FRAUD is beyond me???

Deontay Wilder the WBC Heavyweight CHUMPION of the Casuals/SUCKERS

1st Ethan Cox, wasn't ranked
2nd Shannon Gray, wasn't ranked
3rd Richard Greene Jr, wasn't ranked
4th Joseph Rabotte, ranked 393rd in the World
5th Charles Brown, wasn't ranked
6th Kelsey Arnold, wasn't ranked
7th Travis Allen, wasn't ranked
8th Jerry Vaughn, wasn't ranked
9th Ty Cobb, ranked 399th in the Heavyweight World
10th Alvaro Morales, wasn't ranked
11th Dustin Nichols, wasn't ranked
12th Shannon Caudle, wasn't ranked
13th Harold Sconiers, wasn't ranked
14th Dan Sheehan, wasn't ranked
15th DeAndrey Abron, wasn't ranked
16th Reggie Pena, wasn't ranked
17th Damon Reed, ranked 304th in the World
18th Dominique Alexander, wasn't ranked
19th Daniel Cota, ranked 489th in the World
20th David Long, wasn't ranked
21st Marlon Hayes, ranked 368th in the World
22nd Jesse Oltmanns, ranked 492th in the World
23rd Owen Beck, wasn't ranked
24th Kertson Manswell, ranked 310th in the World
25th Damon McCreary, ranked 357th in the World
26th Kelvin Price, wasn't ranked
27th Matthew Greer, ranked 325th in the World
28th Audley Harrison, ranked 136th in the World
☆☆☆29th Siarhei Liakhovich, ranked 43rd in the World, Siarhei Liakhovich was a blown up, washed up way past his Prime Cruiserweight.☆☆☆
30th Nicolai Firtha, ranked 121nd in the World
31st Malik Scott, ranked 86th in the World
32nd Jason Gavern, ranked 194th in the World
33rd Bermane Stiverne, ranked 4th in the World
34th Eric Molina, ranked 37th in the World
35th Johann Duhaupas, ranked 34th in the World
36th Artur Szpilka, ranked 24th in the World
37th Chris Arreola, ranked 43rd in the World
38th Gerald Washington ranked 41st in the World
39th Bermane Stiverne "UNRANKED"

Deantay Wilder' 39-0 record with 38 KO's is a JOKE!!!