Parker vs Joshua, Instead of What's a fair split?
(12-14-2017, 12:17 AM)Infern0 Wrote: Went on the CHB brit forum today there was a parker v joshua thread.

A few quotes for the "all brits worship aj like a god" brigade

Quote:I will put my chips on Joseph Parker - not a great boxer in the traditional sense - but he has the froch factor about him - I see him out gunning oluwafemi in a dog fight -

I hope Lupesoliai La'auli knocks out the stiff bodybuilder & makes Hearn cry 

If Lupesoliai La'auli loses badly he will be a disgrace to the superior Samoan race

I'm going Parker. Joshua is massively overvalued at the bookies.

Joshua's win over Wlad was certainly impressive. But what else has he done that sets himself so far above Parker in people's estimations?

Truth is these guys are both young heavyweights with deficiencies. 

I suspect Parker will hang in there long enough that we will find out a whole lot more about Joshua. It will be interesting to see what those findings are.

CHB brit forum is one of the best in my opinion without being too biased.  You generally get balanced opinions and not just brit backslappers.  Trolls usually get abused instantly by other posters and then banned.  I'm signed up on there and gave my prediction in that thread:

"Going with Joshua.

Parker looks durable but don't know how durable. Biggest puncher he's faced is Takam, who has never stopped anyone at a world level. 

I can see this being similar to the Dom Brazil fight. Parker plods, lacks head movement and has no real defense. Then offensively I think AJ is better in every department apart from maybe hand speed in combinations. But even then, Parker ends up slapping with his punches. Part of the reason he isn't knocking anyone out imo.

There is actually a 'UK Fight Fan' subscribed which isn't me.

But like you said, there are posters who are backing Parker and you can't rule out the 'Froch factor' where he just finds a way to win.  I'll be putting money on Parker to win simply because of the odds and covering it with a AJ KO win. 

Messages In This Thread
RE: Parker vs Joshua, Instead of What's a fair split? - U.K. Fight Fan - 12-16-2017, 12:05 AM