Parker vs Joshua, Instead of What's a fair split?
Boxing: Andy Ruiz – Joseph Parker didn't hurt me

Andy Ruiz Jr, the heavyweight whom Joseph Parker beat by decision to claim the vacant WBO world title, believes a fight between the Kiwi and Anthony Joshua could go either way.

However, the tough Mexican-American, who suffered his first professional defeat when losing to Parker in Auckland late last year, added Parker never hurt him in their clash.

In fact, Ruiz had the better of the early stages of the fight with his hand speed and workrate, but didn't do enough in the second half and he certainly didn't hurt Parker either at any stage.

Parker is promising to knock out Englishman Joshua should they meet next year – negotiations are continuing – but the 25-year-old has failed to stop his last three opponents, beating Ruiz, Razvan Cojanu and Hughie Fury on points, and Ruiz said he thought Joshua was stronger.

"I think it'll be a good match up. It could go either way," Ruiz told Boxing News.

"I think Joshua's a little too strong. Joseph didn't hurt me at all, not even one time. Joseph Parker's going to have to do something different to what he normally does to win this fight.

"But Joshua is pretty good. He stays tall too much. He never had a pressure fighter on him all the time. It would be a good match up."

Ruiz's trainer, the respected and experienced Abel Sanchez, agreed a fight between Parker and Joshua would be good one, and told BWTM Sports Channel he believed Joshua could get the decision.

"That's a very good fight," Sanchez said. "I think Joshua wins that fight, though. I think that Joshua is a little more skilled than Parker. Andy pressed him, Andy made him back up a little bit and was able to hit him with good shots.

"We had the speed in that fight but we didn't get the decision. I think in that fight Joshua wins the decision."

Messages In This Thread
RE: Parker vs Joshua, Instead of What's a fair split? - diehard - 12-08-2017, 08:21 PM