Parker vs Joshua, Instead of What's a fair split?
Anthony Joshua's chin very suspect - Duco Events boss David Higgins

Duco boss David Higgins has questioned Anthony Joshua's chin following the Brit's win over Frenchman Carlos Takam on Sunday.
Speaking to Andrew Gourdie and Jim Kayes on RadioLIVE, the boxing promoter revealed the heavyweight bout in Cardiff confirms what he has already known to be the case.

"Without naming names, some serious people in British boxing involved told me that they've got guys that have knocked Joshua over in sparring and so forth," Higgins says.

The fight's events have Higgins excited for when Joseph Parker finally does step into the ring with Joshua, and he believes the Kiwi has the upper hand in the durability department.

"Joseph's never been down, so if he's standing in front, each other trading, I think Joseph has a better chin.

"I don't think he's got a bad chin, but he's certainly more suspect than Joseph Parker.

"The fact that Joseph's never been down gives us confidence."

Parker's trainer, Kevin Barry, shares a similar sentiment and believes it is no secret Joshua has trouble taking shots.

"I know for a fact he's been down in sparring [at] a number of training camps, "Barry says.

"We like the fact that his chin is very suspect compared to Joseph Parker's chin.

"Joshua has come out and said different guys have dropped him in sparring with 18 ounce gloves on."

Barry also points out a number of other potential holes in the 28-year-old's game, and is not impressed with Joshua's 10th-round technical knockout win over Takam.

"Stoppage was very, very promoter friendly," Barry says.

"His stamina is still lacking. I think he looked very, very gassed towards the end of that fight.

"There wasn't great speed in his punches. In fact I thought he looked very robotic and I thought he looked very slow, and everything I saw made me really excited for when we do eventually get into the ring with this guy."

Messages In This Thread
RE: Parker vs Joshua, Instead of What's a fair split? - diehard - 11-01-2017, 01:33 PM