Parker vs Joshua, Instead of What's a fair split?
(11-23-2017, 04:03 PM)bopman Wrote: Browne is a good fight.
Its better than fighting the Japanese or the Chinese fella because it has the trans Tasman rivalry but its still a pretty weak defence.
(11-23-2017, 06:02 PM)craigyid14 Wrote:
(11-23-2017, 04:03 PM)bopman Wrote: Browne is a good fight.
Its better than fighting the Japanese or the Chinese fella because it has the trans Tasman rivalry but its still a pretty weak defence.

Yep, way better than all the other options and Browne aint to bad now. Must be a bit rusty now tho
(11-23-2017, 12:31 PM)Infern0 Wrote:
(11-23-2017, 10:47 AM)diehard Wrote: 35% was always going to be the bottom, line in the sand, figure.  Why not start out at 50l% and see what happens?  I think Mr Higgins negotiated well.  And the montage of seeing AJ knocked down was pure genius.  Don't know how he got that footage.  Now, if Hearn says no, Mr Higgins can say he's afraid Parker will test that glass jaw.  Brilliant.

Die are you trolling.

All that footage has been on youtube for years.

Nah, I've never seen the footage on youtube.  Of course I saw Klit knocking him down, and heard that he got dropped in sparring, and the amateur guy who dropped him.  But that's it.  I DON'T think he has a glass draw.  Klit hit him hard, and should have closed the show.  But I don't see how other guys are dropping him.
Now Duco is saying it's SIX fighters who dropped AJ. I just don't see how it's happening, cause I don't see AJ having a glass chin. Maybe I'm just channeling Trump. If you deny it, it didn't happen. Maybe that was in the past. But how to explain Klit? And getting recently dropped in sparring by a guy who's just starting out professionally? I don't understand it.
(11-23-2017, 07:56 PM)diehard Wrote: Now Duco is saying it's SIX fighters who dropped AJ.  I just don't see how it's happening, cause I don't see AJ having a glass chin.  Maybe I'm just channeling Trump.  If you deny it, it didn't happen.  Maybe that was in the past.  But how to explain Klit?  And getting recently dropped in sparring by a guy who's just starting out professionally?  I don't understand it.

Klitschko hit him flush on the chin with a straight right hand, he's called "dr steelhammer", the right hand is "the steelhammer". It's one of the hardest punches in boxing and if it lands clean, anyone is going down.

As for the sparring knockdown, we don't know, there is lots of variables. Did you know Vitali Klitschko was knocked down in sparring by Fres Oquendo? 

Could have been AJ's first day in camp while it was Dubois final week, AJ could have been goofing off, we just don't know.

But that aside, Dubois hits fricking hard, it's not like he's some featherfist.

Hearn has now said that 25% is probably understating Joseph.

It'll end up between 30-35%, as predicted.
Im not sure about AJ's chin he hasnt been cleanly hit there yet. He has been dropped a couple of times in the ametures so its possible to drop him. He aint got the big stocky neck like Tua or Takam so if he gets caught a couple of times he goes down it looks. Same chin as klit im guessing. They are the fighters that really need to avoid being hit.
He could be like Wlad, who has been knocked down 11 times in the ring. Yes, he gets kd, but he gets up. Same with AJ. I see AJ as invincible. So much skill, size, power, good speed, decent defense. So to say that he's now regularly getting kd, when only Klit has done it in 20 fights, shocks me. Is he really not that good? Or, he is, but he has a glass jaw? Some of the guys he's fought have had good power, but haven't knocked him down, except Klit.
(11-23-2017, 10:07 PM)diehard Wrote: He could be like Wlad, who has been knocked down 11 times in the ring.  Yes, he gets kd, but he gets up.  Same with AJ.  I see AJ as invincible.  So much skill, size, power, good speed, decent defense.  So to say that he's now regularly getting kd, when only Klit has done it in 20 fights, shocks me.  Is he really not that good?  Or, he is, but he has a glass jaw?  Some of the guys he's fought have had good power, but haven't knocked him down, except Klit.

I'll go over the knockdowns

Dillian Whyte, in the amateurs, knockdown, joshua got up and finished the fight. Can't read that much into it as it was i think joshuas 6th amateur fight or something like that.

Sparring against Price, Dubois and Okole. All 3 very good fighters to a point, and all 3 very hard punchers. We never saw any footage, don't know if they were bad knockdowns or morelike 1 glove touched the canvas ones, nothing.

Klitschko, weall saw what happened.

So i see it he hasn't been knocked down by bums, the worst fighter who dropped him was David Price and david price does suck but he punches extremely hard so...

Idk.

Personally i think joshua has an above average chin but not a brilliant one. His stamina is more of a concern to me.
Just watched hearns reaction to the Duco press conference. Brilliant