Terrence crawford named mandatory for Horn
Crawford will seperate his head from his shoulders.
Terence Crawford named mandatory challenger for Jeff Horn’s WBO welterweight title

James Slater - October 26, 2017 15 Comments

It’s a fight Bob Arum has expressed a good deal of interest in making and now, due to the WBO installing Terence Crawford as the mandatory challenger for WBO welter ruler Jeff Horn, the fight is a big step closer towards taking place.

As per a twitter message from the WBO:

“Crawford is mandatory contender for Jeff Horn. Fight will have to be arranged within 90 days after Horn next optional defence.”

As fans know, unbeaten Horn, who shocked superstar Manny Pacquiao to take the WBO 147 pound belt back in July, is set to make his first defence in December, against Britain’s once-beaten Gary Corcoran; the fight to go ahead in Brisbane, Australia. Corcoran is hugely confident going into the fight of his life but despite this, most if not all experts are picking “The Hornet” to win and retain his belt.

Crawford, who cleaned up the entire 140 pound division recently, soon made the decision to vacate his armful of titles and make the move up to the more action-packed, and lucrative, welterweight division. Crawford, if he can carry with him his special blend of speed, power, timing and general all-round excellence, could well go on to dominate the welterweight division the way he did the 140 pound weight class.

For even if Horn, 17-0-1(11) again enjoys home country advantage in a fight with Crawford, he faces a tough, tough night. Horn is tough himself and as he showed against Pac Man, he can never, ever be written off, but it would take a pretty brave fan to bet on him seeing off Crawford. It could well be a good fight though, maybe even a great one. Or will Horn surprise us and opt to vacate the belt after the Corcoran fight (assuming he wins that one)?

This scenario seems very unlikely as Horn is both a proud and determined WBO champion – as in determined to continue to upset the odds and keep a firm grip of the title he fought so hard to win in the summer. Again, Crawford would likely enter a fight with Horn as a substantial favourite, but with Horn we just never know. Maybe, just maybe, the Australian warrior will give Crawford the toughest fight of his hugely impressive 32-0(23) pro career.
Crawford will rend him limb from limb
(10-27-2017, 01:40 PM)Infern0 Wrote: Crawford will rend him limb from limb

I think he will too. I thought Pacman would too. I don't rate Horn highly, but he keeps proving me wrong. Crawford is one of my favourite fighters, but Horn is "almost" local.
(10-27-2017, 01:55 PM)diehard Wrote:
(10-27-2017, 01:40 PM)Infern0 Wrote: Crawford will rend him limb from limb

I think he will too.  I thought Pacman would too.  I don't rate Horn highly, but he keeps proving me wrong.  Crawford is one of my favourite fighters, but Horn is "almost" local.

Id make crawford an easy favorite over current pac and i still think current pac is better than horn
"The Jeff Horn Fraud is over"??

Why allow a trolling headline like that?

I thought this forum had rules...
(10-27-2017, 02:44 PM)Kiwi Wrote: "The Jeff Horn Fraud is over"??

The same guy insisted  Manny would destroy Horn and Fury would school JP . 
How did those predictions work out?

He thinks he has such a sure thing this time
 that hes over compensating for previous embarrassments by disrespecting Horn

Dont let it worry you Kiwi , just sit back and chuckle
(10-27-2017, 02:44 PM)Kiwi Wrote: "The Jeff Horn Fraud is over"??

I agree, kiwi.  I thought about deleting the fraud part, but wanted to keep the second half.  I don't know how to edit the "new thread" section, so I'll have to check with Mrs Diehard, who's the tech guru.  My other thought is that the rules apply to posters more so than the thread heading unless it was blantantly inappropriate.  This one is borderline.  My third thought is that it could be fun to debate whether Horn IS a fraud, in spite of beating everyone he needed to beat, winning a belt, and beating a legend in Pacman.

Anyway, point well taken.  I'll check with Mrs Diehard as I think about it some more.
Done. Mrs Diehard came through. I don't mind saying a fighter is a fraud in a post, but not as a headline new thread.
I wouldn't say Horn's a fraud but like Parker he's overrated, personally I think he lost to Pacman, but that's boxing. Big kudos for stepping into the ring with him though, you can tell Duco are his promoters though, taking him down the WBO route, easily the shittiest belt with the worst rankings. I mean how on earth is Corocon in there top fifteen? He's probably British top ten at best.