AJ vs Takam
Everyone’s thoughts on AJ Vs Parker still the same after this fight?
(10-29-2017, 01:47 PM)diehard Wrote: I thought AJ was very good against a very tough opponent.  He won every round, and took Takam's shots well.  For the most part, he controlled the range.  Not sure what you mean about leaning down, Infern0.  AJ fights tall, and that's to his benefit.  Takam had trouble getting inside him except a couple of times in the later rounds.  Parker "always" leans down, and also lunges.  An uppercut's gonna see him wake up into next week.

Yeah by lean down i meant lose weight 254lbs is totally unnesassary, 240-245 is good.

I agree it was a decent performance i think maybe i was setting the bar too high in my own head, gotta love takam though hope he gets a big but winnable fight.

As for thoughts on parker v AJ yes, still the same think the styles are all wrong for JP. I think roided up povetkin would be AJs one to avoid
(10-29-2017, 02:44 PM)Infern0 Wrote:
(10-29-2017, 01:47 PM)diehard Wrote: I thought AJ was very good against a very tough opponent.  He won every round, and took Takam's shots well.  For the most part, he controlled the range.  Not sure what you mean about leaning down, Infern0.  AJ fights tall, and that's to his benefit.  Takam had trouble getting inside him except a couple of times in the later rounds.  Parker "always" leans down, and also lunges.  An uppercut's gonna see him wake up into next week.

Yeah by lean down i meant lose weight 254lbs is totally unnesassary, 240-245 is good.

I agree it was a decent performance i think maybe i was setting the bar too high in my own head, gotta love takam though hope he gets a big but winnable fight.

As for thoughts on parker v AJ yes, still the same think the styles are all wrong for JP. I think roided up povetkin would be AJs one to avoid

Okay. I didn’t see the fight so keen to see what everyone though. Did the extra weight affect him at all?

Did he take any shots?
I actually think (and I didn't before hand) that Takam showed Parker may trouble AJ. maybe not defeat him but give him problems. JP is as tough a Takam with faster hand speed. I think JP may gain confidence after watching that.
In saying that JP needs to also improve and look more like a champ in the ring- like AJ and boss his opponent
(10-29-2017, 02:49 PM)Nigs Wrote:
(10-29-2017, 02:44 PM)Infern0 Wrote:

Okay. I didn’t see the fight so keen to see what everyone though. Did the extra weight affect him at all?

Did he take any shots?

Yeah, he took a number of shots, but shrugged them off, as Takam didn't have much power behind them. Takam has good, but not great, power. I didn't think the extra weight bothered AJ at all. AJ's biggest problem with Takam was that Takam is hard to hit, while knowing how to use angles to connect with AJ. AJ was just too good, with too much power. I agree, AJ is a bad match-up for Parker. Both have the same speed, but AJ is the better boxer, makes fewer mistakes, and has more power. Wilder is the problem for AJ. He can match him in speed and power. A pick'em fight.