Robert Berridge (a retrospective)
Now the Butcher has hung up the gloves, lets have a closer look and discuss your thoughts and memories re his career
My favorite stretch of his career was from 2011-2014, in that part of his career he fought Kerry Foley twice, Blake Caperello, Trent Broadhurst, Joel Casey, Serge Yannick and Daniel Mckinnon. The only fight in that bunch Ive never seen was the Caparello fight, has anyone in here seen it? Ive heard it was close
The McKinnon fight was pone of the best undercard fights Ive seen on a NZ card, just a brutal fight and typical of a vintage Berridge peformance. The second Foley fight is also a great bout
That was Robbies level I believe because you just have to watch what kovalev did to Caparello to realise Rob would have been eaten up by elite level competition. Eventually it would all come crashing down with Vasily Lepihkin who dismantled him in a US showcase, possible Berridges worst showing.
As his career began to wind down he didnt take any easy fights and one of his best showings came against Eider Alvarez where he went the distance and landed heavy shots throughout. Honorable mention also to his fight with Sam Rapira which was a great local matchup
The biggest letdown for me was the Tahia Berridge fight, with all the anger and build up it ended up stinking out the ASB stadium as Adrian put on his running shoes and Rob looked slow and unable to cut off the ring
Anyways let me read your memories and thoughts on the Butcher
I saw the Caparello fight, Ike.  No, it wasn't close.  Robbie had him down and on queer street.  Home town decision in OZ.

And BTW, where have you been???  
(06-05-2017, 11:43 AM)diehard Wrote: I saw the Caparello fight, Ike.  No, it wasn't close.  Robbie had him down and on queer street.  Home town decision in OZ.

And BTW, where have you been???  

I wasnt able to log in, I kept getting a message that my profile/Ip was banned. But I changed my password and here I am. If anyone in here has good video of the Caparello fight or the Mckinnon fight is there any chance they could upload it to youtube? So Die how would a Kovalev Berridge fight havegone down?
So sorry about what happened. In the future, just email me. I get weird ones signing up as members (Sham's friends?) and are spam, and I may have inadvertently banned you. But you're back, so that's all that matters.

Kovalev vs Berridge? In the same sentence. Kovalev would have him out of there in the first round. Kovalev is the best light heavyweight out there, and he'll prove it when he beats Ward for the second time.
(06-05-2017, 12:46 PM)diehard Wrote: So sorry about what happened.  In the future, just email me.  I get weird ones signing up as members (Sham's friends?) and are spam, and I may have inadvertently banned you.  But you're back, so that's all that matters.

Kovalev vs Berridge?  In the same sentence.  Kovalev would have him out of there in the first round.  Kovalev is the best light heavyweight out there, and he'll prove it when he beats Ward for the second time.

I hope youre right, rumors are Ward is on the juice for this fight. Kovalev is an angry man after the first fight and that could work in Wards favor
cracking fight ahead
Robert "The Butcher" Berridge Athlete added 2 new photos.
Interview with One News about my upcoming fight, watch One News tonight to find out more
Berridge's page now says will be on the news on Friday night. Digging around on the net I can't see anything on an upcoming fight as yet so may have to wait until Friday for the news
Will be on shane Camerons card I'd say