SUPER 8 - March 28 2015, Christchurch
(01-26-2015, 07:27 PM)Daneo Wrote: I guess that's the point though Craig, just because its always been a niche sport doesn't mean it has to stay that way.. If well capitalized players want to come in and create a mainstream market for boxing I don't see how that's a bad thing for the grassroots guys.....some may disagree with the method but it seems to me this is the most effective way ( fight for life, duco and now sky arena) to turn a buck out it...

I reckon its doing more harm than good, imagine if they matched Nick the Greek against Papuni, now that would be a proper fight. One to really look forward to. But how dis-heartening for the two up and coming lads would it be to be below the gimmick of Fatboy 1 versus Fatboy 2 3x2 minute rounds of schoolyard slapping on the bill? Plus its setting the trend, are people only going to do ppv or go to the venue if this type of sh1t is on the bill? Super 8 could have done well on its own (admittedly if they'd have got some fresher names and faces, fancy sticking 4 of the guys back into it who didn't make the final of the last one.) The only thing in my book fatboy 1 vs Fatboy 2 has going for it is that at least its not dwarf boxing or celebrity women's boxing.

Messages In This Thread
RE: SUPER 8 - March 28 2015, Christchurch - craigyid14 - 01-26-2015, 08:01 PM