SUPER 8 - March 28 2015, Christchurch
Like most of you guys I have no interest in the Ryder v that other piece of scum fight but...
It puts boxing in mainstream media and enables the real fighters on these cards to earn more and get more exposure that before all this stuff started was pretty much impossible for a young fighter to get.
I know people will say but it takes the piss out of the sport but the reality is brings more people to the sport.
Pretty much every cricket fan will want to watch this now and a lot of non cricket fans who dislike Ryder and will want to see him get knocked out will also be watching.
Actually, most of NZ will now want to watch as they want to see that arrogant, immature fat kid puppet of John boy get knocked out.
To be honest this fight will be when I go to the toilet and restock the drinks etc.
I know it's a sham and it is what it is but these fights are a must have for the sport to go forward. Like it or lump it but in this country, right now it's the way it is.
When you go along to your small local fight night, most of the corp tables are sold because of the corp fights... but when they are there most of them tend to enjoy the real deal so more eyes are opened to the sport of boxing.
My misses always says I'm wasting money on ppv fights. Granted on the last Duco she was probably right but she didn't complain once as she wanted to watch Millie Holmes. God only knows why but she did.
These sham fights aren't for us that love the sport, but we need to put up with them for the sport we love to grow.

Messages In This Thread
RE: SUPER 8 - March 28 2015, Christchurch - justafan - 01-26-2015, 02:21 PM