SUPER 8 - March 28 2015, Christchurch
Been wanting to do this since this fight was first talked about on this thread but didn't have the time.

So below is a list of credible fighters that Robert Berridge (25-2-1) has gone up against. Compare it to Reece Papuni's (9-0) credible fights and tell why this fight would be even be talked about.
It's far from a 50-50!
It would be a very one sided deal but maybe if Papuni could develop his career further in the next couple of years it could be a big domestic fight.
I really like Papuni, I love watching him fight and would love to see him do well and I think he will but right now he has beaten nobody.
Berridge wins
Kerry Foley
Serge Yannick
Trent Broadhurst
Daniel MacKinnon
Joel Casey
Shintaro Matsumoto
Mariano Jose Riva
Monty Filimaea
Loses
Vasily Lepikhin (future world champ for mine)
Blake Caparello (Berridge took this on short notice)
Draw
Kerry Foley (the only people who saw this as a draw where the ones he mattered the most)

The most credible fighters Reece Papuni has fought.
Andrew Robinson (who has improved a lot since then when he was 2-0)
Sam Rapira (who was way over hyped and was never going to compete against Papuni and would probably lose to Nik the Greek)
John Roil (good honest battler whose record at the time was 1-1-1

My question how is that a 50-50??? And why would Papuni want a fight like that when they are clearly in different class?
Three of Papuni's nine wins were just light workouts and one was a complete joke that should never have been approved to go ahead so in terms of semi decent match ups he's 5-0.

On a side note Papuni spared with Minto today and could be a chance of being on the super 8 undercard after all but far from a certainty given contact situation.
The neck injury that complicated his fight on Duco card is apparently healed.

Messages In This Thread
RE: SUPER 8 - March 28 2015, Christchurch - justafan - 03-14-2015, 09:20 PM