SUPER 8 - March 28 2015, Christchurch
Sorry for the novel but I haven't had a chance to get on her for a while.
If VADR is John Mcrae then we should all be respectful even if we disagree that much that much we want to chuck the computer out the window...
I see on twitter Lucas Browne's fans constantly calling on Ricky Hatton for updates and they constantly go unanswered so if the country's leading promoter is on this forum it's important that he feels welcome enough to stay. Eddie Hearn often talks about how annoying it is to constantly update his twitter, often talking to utter idiots on there but Hearn understands it's his personal connection that keeps the fans coming back and keeping him in business.

50/50 fights, not all fights on the super 8 cards have been or will be 50/50 but I can certainly see his point.
They put David Aloua in with a dangerous opponent at late notice after Baff pulled out, they made good fights like Kali v Cameron, Quarie v Hemi the heat and so far the super 8's have been entertaining.
What VADR was more than likely meaning is they are aiming to put on really competitive fights that we want to see. I went to Parker v Tank and there really wasn't anything competitive about it.
I took a multi bet on every fight and I don't remember even being nervous once.
Sure Super 8 will have the odd tune up fight or a guy on debut fighting a human bag but as long as they are not complete piss takes we can live with it if the rest of the card is good can't we...
Bit gutted it's straight back to cruiser this time around but not going to judge it until it's happened, maybe it will be awesome.

Betham v Hollioake is a joke, but I'm ok with it as it gives me time to restock my esky and fill the snack bowls up and go for a leak etc.

Ryder v slob is also a joke but it will give me time to get on here and see what everyone else is thinking about the fights.

As I've said before these fights aren't for us, they are for the casual sports fan or haters of either fighter who want to see the one they dislike get knocked over.
I've got heaps of mates that will watch this for Ryder and there's a bloody good chance they will enjoy the real fights to.
For us purists, take it for the piss take that it is, have a laugh and take the time to go get a drink. If you look at it seriously of course you will get frustrated with it.
The reality is the Ryder and to a lesser extent the Betham v Hollioake fight got a lot of main stream media coverage. If the promoter tipped off 3 news that Lance Bryant and Monty Filimaea were fighting over 12 rounds for a national belt do you think 3 news would care... I think not, even though I would love to see that fight and would gladly pay to see it.

I'm actually really looking forward to this next super 8 now. Really excited to see Hemi the heat back in action. Loved his fight with Quarie, he was so green yet so skillfull for some one in only his third fight with no am background.
Soi v Mccraken should be good too.

Messages In This Thread
RE: SUPER 8 - March 28 2015, Christchurch - justafan - 02-25-2015, 10:01 PM