SUPER 8 - March 28 2015, Christchurch
I agree, and I’m sure there would be others who would also that Reece isn’t ready for that - yet. I think it’s poor form from the promoter to through a name like ‘Berridge’ to the media to intimate to the public that Reece isn’t prepared to step up to a, in their words, “50/50“ bout. An interesting point is that Berridge has his comeback fight on the 6th of March in Melbourne – no doubt Sky’s 21 page contract would have a clause prohibiting fighters from competing for at least 30 (if not 60) days before the Super 8 tournament? When you put that into the time line since 5th December incident you have to wonder if he was ever a 'real' opponent? Just wondering?

As for the ‘ethos’ mentioned in the article that they’re promising to the market “Every fight is 50-50” - questionable when you have Slater (guy who does not look like a frequent gym user) vs Ryder (a professional international sportsman) and Harry Scaife (who’s had a very successful amateur boxing career and comes from a long family history in the sport) vs Leon Tangaroa who, while a very successful Muay Thai fighter, is only very new to the sport of boxing.

Messages In This Thread
RE: SUPER 8 - March 28 2015, Christchurch - NZCap - 02-12-2015, 11:15 AM