Parker vs Hughie Fury
(02-05-2017, 11:39 AM)Msreef Wrote: I will be interested in finding out who Jo will be sparring in prep for Hughie. I can't see it being too easy to find guys that are taller than Joe, move and jab very well, and are available. Good sparring partners will be key for Joe, like Infern0 said, JP hasn't faced anyone like Hughie before.

Izu has been using a Romanian heavyweight who's 6'7" or so and another beast to prepare for Breazeale. I imagine Parker will use them since they are already in camp, or use some of the guys who sparred with him in the Dimitrenko camp.
(02-05-2017, 05:28 AM)cranky Wrote: Nice piece of analysis.

I'd agree that Guinn fits into the picture as someone who is a lot stronger than his W/L ratio, & 1:1 it's not fair to compare individual fighters on that basis. But you can look at fight history and see that Hughie has fought a number of truly dreadful fighters too.

It's really easy to buy into the "Peter Fury is a boxing genius" argument so of course everything he's done for Hughie is about crafting a huge skillset to ensure he'd become a dominant champion one day.

But he's also set up a HW son with no power and very little fan support into the position to earn almost £1million for a fight while still being a largely unproven prospect. And if he loses, it was against a HW champ, and he's still young, so there are plenty of other money fights that would still follow. That is a damn impressive place to have gotten him to. Perhaps the boxing genius is being directed towards a different end?

Like I say, I haven't studied Hughie yet, so I don't really have a strong opinion on the extent of his skills yet. Just tend to start from a cynical perspective then try to be convinced.

Cranky my advice to you is to study the form book and the tapes make up your own mind that's what I did

Most of that analysis read more like a Mills and Boon novel than sober scrutiny. Apparently Takam and Ruiz aren't skilled boxers ? Apparently you have to jab n grab or run to be skilled now.
Guinn and Kassi on the other hand are the legitimate bench mark to make a champion.
I haven't seen enough to convince me . Levels are important dimitrenko looked every bit as skilled (as Hughie) beating Michael Sprott.
Stepping up exposes you , Hughie simply hasn't been through that process , he's been operating at significantly lower level before taking a year off.
Chances are he's in for a shock.
Amateur record doesn't necessarily translate to the pros or else Audrey Harrison would have been world champ.

You are right that Furys team have done an outstanding job to get him this payday. Good on them . He didn't have to jump through the hoops JP did. But the hard way benefits JP in the long run

Geez Sham every fighter talks up the I'm confident I'm gonna win stuff, even the ones with no chance , it's the nature of the game.

I've heard Peter Fury has convictions for drug dealing ? Could be a significant factor if he can't travel with Hughie.

Duco should insist on drug testing before the bout, Hughie tested positive for nandrolone in 2015 , his suspension was put on hold pending a UKAD hearing that still hasn't happened. UK anti drug is a joke who would have thought
Andy Ruiz Jr and Carlos Takam are known as skilled slicksters. even mayweather is in awe of their expert ring-craft.
Hughie Fury vows to crush Joseph Parker, take WBO title

A rejuvenated Hughie Fury says his world title shot against Joseph Parker is "perfect timing", and is vowing to return the WBO belt to his family.

Parker won the WBO title vacated by Fury's cousin Tyson, and now has a mandated challenge from Hughie as his first defence.

Parker's handlers have won the purse bid to control the fight - expected to be held in April - and are working through venue options.

Joseph Parker is in training, so he can hold onto his title belt.

New Zealand remains the preference while Samoa, Singapore and even Fury's home city of Manchester are options for a US$3m fight where Parker enjoys a 60-40 split of the purse.

The 22-year-old Fury is coming back after battling a skin disorder and says he's in the best health of his career for the biggest fight of his life.

He believed the benefits of being raised in the shadow of his illustrious cousin will help his cause against Parker.

"I'm very excited, I can't wait to bring the title back home," Fury told TalkSport in Britain.

"I'm not really bothered where we fight. Ideally in my own country, but we'll soon see in the coming days where the fight happens.

"I rate Parker, he's a very good fighter but I've had more experience from a young age. I've sparred all of Tyson's sparring partners. I'm ready for this physically and mentally."

Fury, unbeaten over 20 fights with 10 KOs, is the WBO Intercontinental Heavyweight Champion.

He said with his health issues hopefully in his past, he felt like things were just starting for him.

He believed his best is yet to come.

It will have been nearly a year since Fury's last fight, beating Fred Kassi on April 30 by technical decision after seven rounds.

"I have gone under the radar but everything happens for a reason. I've had bad health and been in the ring at 50 per cent, but I've still had good fights and got the rounds. Now I'm 100 per cent, I've fixed my health issues, it's perfect timing for me."

In contrast Parker has remained extremely active, regularly taking on five fights a year and having navigated his way through torrid battles against Carlos Takam and Andy Ruiz in 2016 to set up his current position of owning one of the four coveted belts in the division.

Parker has returned to his Las Vegas training base and started his camp with mentor Kevin Barry, determined to get past Fury and set up a lucrative unification bout later in the year.

- Stuff
Right on Hughie!
This will be good hype for the fight if it comes to NZ, which I think it will.
Can i ask where Hughie Fury "vowed to crush parker"

Talk about clickbait
Good to see this fight should be heading to NZ. Would sell poorly in the U.K, mainly due to Hughie. He's a quiet guy with a neutralising style and he's been promoted really poorly, like most Warren fighters. It'll be a bigger event in NZ.

Not sure about how the undercard will look. I can't imagine many of Warrens stable wanting to drag themselves across the other side of the world.

Credit to both fighters for wanting the fight. Parker could have took an easier defence against some ex footballer with a padded record but he hasn't. Hughie is a good boxer with a good background and a crafty s.o.b as his trainer and dad. Credit to Fury for taking it after a year out and still only 22 years old.

If Peter is allowed to travel to NZ then I'm edging toward Hughie for a closely fought upset.
I know a few pro boxers and they're always asking me about boxing in NZ, surely every up and coming boxer, even older pros want to fight on world title bills. Especially exotic places like New Zealand.
(02-08-2017, 01:56 AM)U.K. Fight Fan Wrote: Good to see this fight should be heading to NZ. Would sell poorly in the U.K, mainly due to Hughie. He's a quiet guy with a neutralising style and he's been promoted really poorly, like most Warren fighters. It'll be a bigger event in NZ.

Not sure about how the undercard will look. I can't imagine many of Warrens stable wanting to drag themselves across the other side of the world.

Credit to both fighters for wanting the fight. Parker could have took an easier defence against some ex footballer with a padded record but he hasn't. Hughie is a good boxer with a good background and a crafty s.o.b as his trainer and dad. Credit to Fury for taking it after a year out and still only 22 years old.

If Peter is allowed to travel to NZ then I'm edging toward Hughie for a closely fought upset.

UK, it was a mandatory fight. Parker didn't have a choice. Too right, Infern0, no where does it say Hughie will crush Parker. Not coming from Hughie anyway.