Parker vs Hughie Fury
(02-04-2017, 07:42 PM)Infern0 Wrote:
(02-04-2017, 07:06 PM)African Monkey Wrote:
(02-04-2017, 06:44 PM)Infern0 Wrote:
(02-04-2017, 06:33 PM)African Monkey Wrote: Glad that Duco won the purse bid. Couldn't see this fight getting major interest as a main event in the UK and I couldn't imagine Hughie having a major following there.

Well that was part of the problem for Team Fury is that hughie isnt any sort of draw, so with frank being a tight ass he must have only been willing to take a small initial loss.

In my mind, this would have been a longer term investment to put the money into fury. But when it comes down to it parker = huge in nz, hughie = not well nown in the uk. So duco could just about win the bid.
If Hughie's team did win the purse bid, I could only see the venue being something similar to Billy Joe Saunders' last title fight due to his lack of following. He's been promoted poorly throughout his career so far with plenty of cancelled fights and his skin condition certainly hasn't helped things. I think he would have benefitted by going through the British level route just to get his name known to parts of the public especially with the amount of fighters they have going around in the UK heavyweight scene.

Yeah it's been interesting they have put him in with a bunch of awkward unknowns. The usual suspects of sprott/sexton/skelton etc are not on his record and that would have built him up a bit more.

I am a fan of the fury stable and I do rate hughie but their managment of him is a bit worrying

Pretty much the same way I feel as well.
(02-04-2017, 08:01 PM)diehard Wrote: So the 3 million dollar bid was just money for the fighters?

That's what I'm hearing, as it was solely a purse bid. 

SECTION 13. DIVISION OF PURSE FOR CHAMPIONSHIPS HELD PURSUANT TO PURSE BID

(a) The purse for Championship Contests held and completed pursuant to Purse Bids (except those Championship Contests involving situations described in Section 14(e)(1) hereof, the Purse Bid division for which shall be distributed as per Section 14(e)(2)) shall be distributed as follows:
  1. CHAMPIONSHIPS with an EXISTING CHAMPION
    • (A) In fights for the Title between the Champion and the Mandatory Challenger held in the country of origin, residence or nationality of the Champion, the Champion shall receive 75% of the purse and the Challenger shall receive the remaining 25%.
    • (B) In fights for the title held in any other country, the Champion shall receive 80% of the purse and the Challenger shall receive the remaining 20%.
  2. VACANT CHAMPIONSHIPS or ELIMINATORY FIGHTS
    • (A) In fights for a vacant title or eliminatory fights (except in the case where one of the contestants is a Super Champion in which case the Super Champions provision for purse bid division shall apply) the distribution shall be as follows:
    • (B) If the fight is held in the country of origin, residence or nationality of one of the contender, the resident contestant shall receive 40% and his opponent shall receive 60% off the total purse offered.
    • © If the fight is held in a neutral place or if the contenders are from the same country of origin, residence or nationality, in such a way that neither have an advantage over the other, the purse shall be divided in equal parts between the contenders. USA Residents shall be considered of the same country of residence, regardless of which State they reside in for Purse Bid purposes.

Since the title was Vacated, it still must mean Tyson Fury is the vacant champ, hence the 60/40 split.
Surely the vacant championship fight was the one against Ruiz?
Nah, it's not vacated now. Parker is the champ. But am I reading this right: if Duco has the fight outside of NZ, Parker gets 80% instead of 60%?
(02-04-2017, 09:15 PM)diehard Wrote: Nah, it's not vacated now. Parker is the champ. But am I reading this right: if Duco has the fight outside of NZ, Parker gets 80% instead of 60%?

From what I understand it was negotiated at the Ruiz stage . As warren has both Haye and fury. That's what made it complex. As it gave less wiggle room for champion
(02-04-2017, 09:20 PM)markk Wrote:
(02-04-2017, 09:15 PM)diehard Wrote: Nah, it's not vacated now.  Parker is the champ.  But am I reading this right: if Duco has the fight outside of NZ, Parker gets 80% instead of 60%?

From what I understand it was negotiated at the Ruiz stage .  As warren has both Haye and fury.   That's what made it complex. As it gave less wiggle room for champion

Warren doesn't have Haye? Haye is self promoted these days

Seems bs that Fury gets 40%, Joe is the champ now nothing vacant about it
Boxing..... Fan to confused in 3 seconds
WBO isn't called the WARREN boxing organization by fans for nothing.

It's perplexing how fury is even the mandatory tbh yet alone the split
(02-04-2017, 10:21 PM)Infern0 Wrote: WBO isn't called the WARREN boxing organization by fans for nothing.

It's perplexing how fury is even the mandatory tbh yet alone the split

He should have at least have to had face Miller as an eliminator but as usual it never happened.
One thing about Hughie though, he legitimatley looks like a different person now he's got his medical issues sorted, he looked like he had the bubonic plague before.

Remains to be seen if it will make a difference in the ring