Parker vs Hughie Fury
This fight should go to the mgm grand in vegas.
So will Peter Fury be allowed in the country with his multiple criminal convictions?

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/boxing/tyson-fury-mentor-uncle-drug-7149892
Nah, this fight will be in NZ. No way Duco chances this outside the country. Was shocked that there wasn't a higher bid from Warren. Duco using the "it could be anywhere" to get Auckland City Council to cough up some money this time around.
Glad that Duco won the purse bid. Couldn't see this fight getting major interest as a main event in the UK and I couldn't imagine Hughie having a major following there.
(02-04-2017, 06:33 PM)African Monkey Wrote: Glad that Duco won the purse bid. Couldn't see this fight getting major interest as a main event in the UK and I couldn't imagine Hughie having a major following there.

Well that was part of the problem for Team Fury is that hughie isnt any sort of draw, so with frank being a tight ass he must have only been willing to take a small initial loss.

In my mind, this would have been a longer term investment to put the money into fury. But when it comes down to it parker = huge in nz, hughie = not well nown in the uk. So duco could just about win the bid.
(02-04-2017, 05:41 PM)diehard Wrote: Nah, this fight will be in NZ.  No way Duco chances this outside the country.  Was shocked that there wasn't a higher bid from Warren.  Duco using the "it could be anywhere" to get Auckland City Council to cough up some money this time around.

I was shocked by the low bid too.

Boxnation has always had the whiff of the $2 shop about it compared to matchroom. I was hoping that with the bt sport deal that they would up there gsme but so far its not going to worry eddie hearn in the slightest 
(02-04-2017, 06:44 PM)Infern0 Wrote:
(02-04-2017, 06:33 PM)African Monkey Wrote: Glad that Duco won the purse bid. Couldn't see this fight getting major interest as a main event in the UK and I couldn't imagine Hughie having a major following there.

Well that was part of the problem for Team Fury is that hughie isnt any sort of draw, so with frank being a tight ass he must have only been willing to take a small initial loss.

In my mind, this would have been a longer term investment to put the money into fury. But when it comes down to it parker = huge in nz, hughie = not well nown in the uk. So duco could just about win the bid.
If Hughie's team did win the purse bid, I could only see the venue being something similar to Billy Joe Saunders' last title fight due to his lack of following. He's been promoted poorly throughout his career so far with plenty of cancelled fights and his skin condition certainly hasn't helped things. I think he would have benefitted by going through the British level route just to get his name known to parts of the public especially with the amount of fighters they have going around in the UK heavyweight scene.
(02-04-2017, 07:06 PM)African Monkey Wrote:
(02-04-2017, 06:44 PM)Infern0 Wrote:

If Hughie's team did win the purse bid, I could only see the venue being something similar to Billy Joe Saunders' last title fight due to his lack of following. He's been promoted poorly throughout his career so far with plenty of cancelled fights and his skin condition certainly hasn't helped things. I think he would have benefitted by going through the British level route just to get his name known to parts of the public especially with the amount of fighters they have going around in the UK heavyweight scene.

Yeah it's been interesting they have put him in with a bunch of awkward unknowns. The usual suspects of sprott/sexton/skelton etc are not on his record and that would have built him up a bit more.

I am a fan of the fury stable and I do rate hughie but their managment of him is a bit worrying
Parker will earn more in this fight than any of Wilder's purses since he held the title, with his 60% hitting the US$1.8 Million mark. Wilder's highest payday (that i could find) was US$1.5 for the Spzilka fight, and US$1.4 Million for Arreola. Spizilka got US$250K and Arreola got US$150K out of interest.
So the 3 million dollar bid was just money for the fighters?