James Degale (IBF) vs Badou Jack (WBC) 168 unification this weekend
This will decide the new lineal and Ring Magazine champion at 168 since Andre Ward left, quite an important fight.

Any predictions?

I think Jack will win a controversial decision, as Degale fights are always close and Jack is mayweathers boy.
(01-11-2017, 01:00 AM)Infern0 Wrote: This will decide the new lineal and Ring Magazine champion at 168 since Andre Ward left, quite an important fight.

Any predictions?

I think Jack will win a controversial decision, as Degale fights are always close and Jack is mayweathers boy.

I Agree it will be hard for Chunky to win in the Big Apple, especially as you say he is against a Mayweather fighter. 
Great for British boxing if he can pull off a win. If he does I reckon Froch will make a comeback in a massive Wembly fight, forget Groves at this stage.
https://www.boxing247.com/boxing-news/james-degale-me-groves/67525
Anyone think GGG beats Degale or Jack? I do.
The fight was an odd one Die, i thought Jack looked VERY big and strong at 168, and that size and robustness would be something GGG hasn't faced, remember GGG didn't look much bigger than Kell Brook who is a blown up welterweight.

Badou Jack is a 6'2" man who looked at least 180 in there with no spare weight on him, I wouldnt be surprised if he is close to 200 between camps. remains to be seen how GGG can handle a guy with significant size and strength advantages. Arthur Abraham is a good example of a 160lb'r who just couldnt handle the bigger dudes after blasting everyone out at 160, and to my eye abraham was a bit bigger than golovkin, and possibly had more concussive power

Of course Jack does still have a questionable chin

I make that an interesting fight.

However I actually had Degale winning the fight, I had Degale up by 3 points going into the final round so with the 10-8 I had degale by a point.

Jack did land the heavier shots but I didn't find any rounds particularly hard to score.

Degale is an odd one, he does have a lot of very subtle skills and advanced boxing but ALWAYS fades in the middle of fights before rallying back down the stretch. Early in fights he is exceptional, his accuracy in rounds 1-2 is truly elite, but he just doesn't hold it together.

Overall a good fight, hugely entertaining, dissapointed we didn't get to crown a new lineal champ, but all it made me think was man, Carl Froch would run through this division if he came back, I mean he must have been sitting there thinking "i could still whoop either of these guys"
Infern0, only saw the first 6 rounds and got bored. Degale is a good fighter, no doubt, but not in GGG's class. I thought Degale controlled the fight before I cut it off. Did you see Davis, on the undercard. Exciting fighter. He'll go places.

Haven't seen Froch fight in years. Next big fight, I'll watch him.