Wilder vs Stiverne, January 17th
(01-19-2015, 10:36 PM)Cosmic Drop Wrote: A few things I didnt see from Stiverne which he needed to bring but didn't:

- A jab, he actually has a good jab but only saw it a few times total against Wilder,
- high volume/workrate, not normally his style as he relies on counter punching and waiting for the right moment,
- not enough body an head movement, especially if you are going to use peekabo defence,
and last, no or very little body shots, completely head hunting.

He added 10 pounds to this fight, I dont know if this was part of his game plan. why smaller reach boxers feel the need to put on weight to gets me.

New discoveries from Wilder:

-hes got the stamina and engine to take him through to the end,
-his already effective jab and double jab has gone up an extra notch,
-his left and right hook are sharper and not as looping,
-his patience and boxing IQ have increased 10 fold,

Ideally I would like Wilder to take another fight or 2 that are going to take Wilder to the distance before facing the giant Klit. He maybe a little cocky but I like him...nothing like an American to try and spice things up.

Stiverne needed to be like Tyson is what you are saying eh? if so, i agree wholeheartedly. No head movement behind that jailbar defense was just asking to be hit. He didnt jab because Wilder controlled the range too well and in doing so he took away stivernes jab...and ever other punch that comes after that.

I did see many opportunities for Bermane to cut the ring off, but i think the power of Wilder troubled him. The power didnt stop him from going forward, but it did stop him wanting to get mixed up in an exchange. Stiverne did get dropped at the end of a round, its just a bit lucky that he took Wilder down with him in a tackle, and Weeks missed the knockdown. That Stiverne can take a shot cant he!!

Messages In This Thread
Wilder vs Stiverne, January 17th - diehard - 12-23-2014, 10:45 AM
RE: Wilder vs Stiverne, January 17th - Stormy - 01-20-2015, 09:22 AM