Wilder vs Stiverne, January 17th
(01-11-2015, 01:27 PM)diehard Wrote: Stormy, so Stiverne has to be hurt before he can hurt Wilder?  Nah, I know what you are saying.  Wilder NEVER gets wild until his opponent is hurt.  By then, it's too late for his opponent to do anything.  I honestly don't think he's wild or off balance.  But he is very wide with his punches.  So is Parker.  And Tua for that matter.  Guess they feel they can throw caution to the wind.  I haven't seen it lately, but I like those fights like Hagler vs Hearns, where the guy is clearly hurt, but then comes back with something of his own. 

I was thinking it is best for him to get to Wilder first,before Wilder gets to him eh die. Just hanging around on the outside, and waiting to see what happens would be a terrible idea for Stiverne.

Wilder is a confidence fighter, and one that can seemingly pack a punch. The longer you give him to get relaxed the better he is going to perform and you dont want to make things harder for yourself by giving him all of the early rounds as part of your strategy to wear him out whilst taking him into the deeper waters.

The Arreola fight showed us Stiverne can bang a bit too, so it may be a case of who gets to who first. Stiverne will more than likely be forced to keep his distance, and getting to the inside is not an easy task against the 6 foot 7 Wilder.

I will trim down my opinion of Wilders ability a wee bit, and say that Wilder tries too hard sometimes when he chooses to attack, particularly when he is trying to finish the job off, he throws defense and technique right out of the proverbial window :-)

This fight will should be very revealing. I want to see Stiverne land a good solid shot to see how Wilder reacts. I want to see him hit real hard :-)

Messages In This Thread
Wilder vs Stiverne, January 17th - diehard - 12-23-2014, 10:45 AM
RE: Wilder vs Stiverne, January 17th - Stormy - 01-11-2015, 05:05 PM