Wilder vs Stiverne, January 17th
(01-10-2015, 11:43 AM)diehard Wrote: Stormy, I just saw three of Wilder's fights.  I don't see him wild and off balance at all.  If anything, he's fairly passive and methodical until he catches his opponent with a power punch.  Once they feel his punch, he goes hell for leather.  Have a look:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2SAopcAYxw

Oh yes hes ok when he isnt throwing combos eh die. lIt is when he decides o throw down that he chooses to throw control out of the window and he gets away with it because he has speed. I think Stiverne might get put down by Wilder and even KO'd, but he wont go down just because he is a mentally weak fighter......if Wilder sees he has hurt Stiverne, and goes in for the kill like he always does, then that is the time I think Stiverne can catch him.

Stiverne is the WBC champion. Being the Champion doesnt necessarily mean you are the very best. It just means you have a target on your back and a price on your head. Like they say, getting the title is the easy bit.....its defending it that is the hard part.

Style wise, i I think Stiverne is in for a very hard night in the office. His style will suit Wilder right down to the ground unless Stiverne changes his usual tactics. He has to attack Wilder like he stole his girlfriend from him. It might be a great ploy to pretend to have been stunned when he gets hit, to lure Wilder into swinging for the fences, cos thats when he is at his most vulnerable imo.

I cant help but think that Wilder will win this fight. Stivernes jail bar defence leaves him exposed to Wilders straight punches, and Wilder does well penetrating this type of defence. This fight should go 3-6 rounds im thinking :-)

Messages In This Thread
Wilder vs Stiverne, January 17th - diehard - 12-23-2014, 10:45 AM
RE: Wilder vs Stiverne, January 17th - Stormy - 01-11-2015, 12:49 PM