Parker vs Costa
Ring walks are on. Parker is grinning and smiling at everyone. Ding ding.

R1- JP fast and throwing hard, working hard, might be trouble if he goes 12. CJ only threw a couple of slow shots.
R2- JP a little more measured. CJ covered up tight so far.
R3- More of the same. CJ walking forward constantly, cornering JP every now and then. JP slips a few and gets out.
R4- Parker just flattened CJ with one shot. KO 2:37 remaining in round 4.
thanks Steven
All good cranky. Duco need to stop getting colonel bob down here and pay some fighters for their card. Glad Parker made it a quick one, work in the morning.

Haha hugs for everyone in the crowd from Parker, seems like a really nice guy.
Joseph Parker lands a killer knockout blow
LIAM NAPIER IN HAMILTON

LIGHTS OUT: Kiwi heavyweight Joseph Parker sends Brazilian rival Irineu Beato Costa Junior to the canvas during their Fight for Life bout in Hamilton on Saturday night.

Devastating power.

Joseph Parker capped his most successful year as a professional with a stunning fourth round knockout of Brazilian Irineu Beato Costa Junior in Hamilton on Saturday night.

In 16 previous fights, Costa Junior had never been stopped - and clearly never copped this sort of power. With one brutal right hand that landed flush on the jaw, Parker ended the fight in emphatic fashion, just 31 seconds into round four.

Anyone who has watched Parker evolve would recognise this was his finest performance.

The fruits of his Las Vegas training under Kevin Barry are beginning to flourish.

Only now is Parker starting to believe he belongs in the division of giants.

The stare he gave Costa Junior after he stuck him with big shots was revealing. With each fight - this his fifth victory of the year to improve his record to 12-0 - he grows in stature and confidence.

"By far this was Joseph's most impressive performance," Barry said. "Everyone watching tonight both here and at home can see how skilful and just how far he has come. That's why he's now ranked 10 in the world by the WBA."

Parker was aggressive from the opening bell to retain his WBO Oriental and WBA PABA titles.

Body shots, jabs, hooks, uppercuts - the South Aucklander showcased his full array of skills and crucially didn't drop his hands to leave himself open.

Leading off with the left, Parker threw out repeated three-punch combinations. His huge right hand in the fourth round was no fluke - it was well orchestrated and thought out.

The slow, lumbering Costa Junior presented an easy target, but not everyone could finish the job like this.

"This was the final exam Kevin was talking about and I'm glad I passed it," Parker said. "We've been working on the body throughout the whole year. Kevin said to set it up and it came. I'm grateful for this victory."

Plans for Parker to fight five times again next year can now progress as intended.

First, though, he will enjoy a well deserved holiday in Samoa with his parents.

On this evidence, next year could bring something special.

- Stuff
ESB: Result: Joseph Parker versus Costa Junior
By Bryce Wilson | December 6, 2014 | 1 Comment

December 6th Claudelands Arena, Hamilton, New Zealand – In front of a packed Claudelands Arena Joseph Parker took on Brazilian Beaton Costa Junior to round off a busy year and managed to achieve what the higher ranked Christian Hammer was unable to do by stopping Beato Costa Junior.

In the opening rounds Parker came out landing stiff jabs and vicious left and right body shots to the fleshy midriff of Costa Junior. Clearly the plan was to break down the Brazilian to the body.

A game Costa Junior continued to press forward before eating a HUGE right hand in the 4th round knocking him clean out and ending Parker’s year with easily his best win.

An exciting 2015 awaits for Parker and his team.
video highlights:

http://www.3news.co.nz/sport/video-highlights-parker-knocks-out-costa-jr---fight-for-life-2014120700
Hammer, who is ranked #6, couldn't stop Costa.  Baby Joseph did.  He was the perfect opponent for Parker.  But we knew from the outset that Joseph would be too fast for him, as Costa is slow, and doesn't throw many punches.  Now Parker/KB/Duco need to pick their opponents carefully in the top 10.  There will be a fairly long delay by Parker standards before he fights again.  Got plenty of time to pick the right opponent. 
They seem to say he'll fight five times again in 2015. How long do you think it will be till the next one?
Problem is, as they've already experienced, getting a top 10 fighter to face you, if u are a serious prospect, is pretty tough. Top 10 heavyweights only seem to fight each other in eliminators these days....

I'm not fussed about that though. I still don't mind the idea of a few Vinny Maddalone type guys first.
Cranky, I predict that Parker will fight again in March/April.  That'll give him a 6 week/2 month vacation before he goes back into training with KB.  That would have him fighting every other month to get to 5 fights in 2015.  Say what you want about KB, he's got Baby Joseph firing.  I wouldn't say Costa is a test to see if he can beat top 10 guys.  I'd say that he's progressing nicely to see if he can compete at that level.  So far, the answer is yes.  But he hasn't fought a top 10 guy yet.

Cranky.  I think Parker would have little trouble fighting a top 10 guy IF he fought in Europe and the US for much less money.  Problem is, Duco is making good coin by Parker headlining in NZ, and there's no money YET to be made elsewhere.