Parker vs Costa
(11-24-2014, 12:02 PM)diehard Wrote: Stormy, were you having trouble logging in?  Sorry.  Is it ok now?

I have no problem with who Baby Joseph has fought, or is fighting.  He'll be a human punching bag.  Have you watched the Costa vs Hammer fight?  Tua didn't fight anyone of note until his 15th fight.  But I wouldn't pay for it unless it's a strong undercard. 

I don't have to watch the guy fight to know that he has a heavily padded record eh die.I will go have a look just for giggles, but Vinny Maddaloni would slaughter this pretender. The reality is that Parker is better than this guy. The guy is tall at least, and putting Joseph in front of short journeymen who look the part but are chosen because they will lose 9 times out of 10. Thats just the nature business we are in it seems. But dressing up mutton to look like lamb gets my goat.....thats why im flat broke and owe the tax man :-)
http://www.boxing247.com/boxing-news/joseph-parker-moves-into-wba-heavyweight-top-10-next-fight-announced-against-costa-junior-set-for-december-6th/36415
Anthony Joshua just looks so much more formidable than Jo, I'm sorry to say.
Tough to disagree on the surface Sham, though both have to face many more tests till we'll really know for sure. I like what I see in both so far to be honest
Tottally agree about the testing time for these lads Cranky, but I still suspect AJ the better composition.
AJ is facing Kevin Johnson, I believe, in his next fight.  That will be a crossroads fight for him.  Win it, and he's the real deal.  Lose, and I'll say that he's good up to a certain level.  Parker hasn't had that crossroads fight yet.  Minto should have been, but...
With respect to Kevin Johnson- I agree its a crossroads fight - but it has the potential to be bigger than that. Kevin Johnson isn't fun to watch, but he hasn't been stopped. Vitali didnt stop him, nor Fury, Chisora, Charr, Hammer.

AJ has KO'ed everyone he has faced so far, mostly in the first and second round (and once in the 3rd). With all the hype around him, if he can get Johnson out of there inside the distance, the hype train will get out of control......
Good comments Cranky. We should see in this fight whether AJ is the real deal, remember he was Olympic amateur champion, he has better creds than 10 koes in pro career. He's a big jump ahead of Jo Parker I'm thinking Die despite Jo s ranking. That ranking may be his undoing in the end because they jump too high too soon and is required to be more credibility accountable too soon. Jo hasn't fought anyone to get there, AJ should be more formidable when he earns a top ten ranking.
if both guys get through their next opponents, which they should handily, it will be very interesting to see who is lined up after..
I don't pay attention to rankings as real, Sham.  At least not to measure a fighters skills.  It does, however, come into play politically when you want to fight someone who is ranked.  Of course, fighters will soon want to fight Parker because HE is ranked in the top ten now.