Parker vs Costa
But wasn´t Tua retired?
JP is still vulnerable to do too much of a step up in my opinion, he still needs to find his rhythm and build confidence. His promoters may know what they're about in matching him but they have gold coins flashing in their eyes as well, lonergab and kb will punch it out at the back of the barn and get it sorted I guess.....but who wins??? Like Die said, no money for duco in UK.
Stormy, I think you mean Tyson Fury and not Price.  Sham.  Parker has plenty of confidence and rhythm.  That's not his problem.  My question is what he does when he gets in with stiff competition, gets tagged the way Cameron used to, and then we get to see what he's made of.  The Brazilian, Nisco??? tagged him in the 7th, he felt it, and then came back to win in the 8th.  An experienced fighter may have made it a different ending.  We don't know.  But according to KB, we'll see next year.

He also has as way of exposing his face when he punches to the body.  All fighters do it to some extent, but a counter right could be his undoing if he's not careful.
Highlights of Parker vs Costa:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAZJDnsInl4
Die Jo has confidence at a certain level, let's se if you're right and he maintains confidence and rhythm when the big lights flash and the heat is alive.... I think Jo is still fresh. But then I'm an old doctor...
Sham, the issue used to be, can he handle being the main event of a boxing card.  Box ticked.  Then, can he handle being on the undercard of a major event like he was on the Klit vs Leapai fight.  Box ticked.  So far, he's done everything asked of him.  BUT, there will come a time, probably next year, when he is in the fight of his life, where he is giving and trading punches that could end it.  Klit went thru this fire with Brewster, Sanders, and a few others.  And he came out of it with a strategy that, however boring at times, has been successful for the last ten years. 

I'm looking to see how Wilder handles Stiverne's power.  So far, Wilder has come out unscathed.
Seems funny at this time in JPs career to be comparing him with Klit already, that just proves how successful all the hype is and how well KB and Lonergan have worked over the people of Nz... I had a guy say to me JP is ok to go now for a world title. KB came back from the dead to hit Nz celebrity statis with JP in just 12 fights, it's incredible.
Comparing their situations Sham, not their skill.  You better behave in Chartwell during the holidays, Sham.  Those folks don't take too well to loose behaviour!
Die, I see fear signs on people's faces when I begin my walkabout..... funny that
Joseph Parker eyes top five world ranking ahead of southern bout

LOGAN SAVORY

REASON TO SMILE: Kiwi heavyweight Joseph Parker has big plans in 2015 and could be ranked as high as No 5 in the world when he fights in Invercargill.

If the blueprint is followed properly heavyweight boxer Joseph Parker will be flirting with a top-five world ranking when he fights in Invercargill in July next year.

Fairfax can confirm today the 22-year-old South Aucklander will line up against a yet-to-be-named boxer at the ILT Stadium Southland in July. The proposed date is Saturday, July 11. It is a fight which will draw plenty of national interest and will probably capture international interest as well given where he could be at come July next year, and who the potential opponent is.

The leading New Zealand heavyweight is currently ranked No 10 by the World Boxing Association with a 12-fight-12-win professional record.

Duco Events representative Dean Lonergan, who is Parker's promoter, suggests the fight in Invercargill will be the biggest of the young Kiwi's career.

"Here's the deal; Invercargill at that time will be the biggest fight of his career. Because every time Joseph fights we are trying to step him up, and we are trying to get him up the rankings. At the moment he is No 12 in the WBO, No 10 at the WBA and it's our intention to get him ranked in the other organisations as well. The only way we are going to move up the ranks is to fight quality opponents. So by the time we get to Invercargill the Joseph Parker train will be on fire."

Parker's knockout win over Brazilian Irineu Beato Costa Junior this month was his the best performance to date and had international boxing writers talking up his prospects.

Parker's camp want him to have five or six fights in 2015 with the goal to end up with a top-five ranking by the end of the year.

Given Parker's fight in Invercargill in July is likely to be his third bout next year he will probably be matched against a credible opponent on a world scale. He would have edged closer to that top-five ranking when he fights at Stadium Southland.

That, of course, is dependent on what Parker produces in his two bouts before he gets to Invercargill.

An opponent in Invercargill won't probably be firmed up until 10 weeks out from the fight.

Lonergan said Parker was very keen on the idea of fighting in Invercargill.

The majority of his major fights to date have been in Auckland or overseas although his win over Costa Junior was in Hamilton as part of the Fight for Life card.

"Joseph has been to Invercargill a number of times and every time he has enjoyed it. [Trainer] Kevin Barry in particular was also keen because of the stadium. The design of it will make for an absolute electric atmosphere on the night."

- The Southland Times