Parker vs Costa
Yep mate AJ and JP havnt faced real pressure fighters yet, but I kinda feel AJ might have done a bit more as an amateur than JP.
AJ is inclined to a fast solid workrate after he's set it up with the jab and seems to have the goods to get the desired finish in quick order. The guy is exciting at this point you have to admit.
(12-12-2014, 08:43 AM)shamrock Wrote: Yep mate AJ and JP havnt faced real pressure fighters yet, but I kinda feel AJ might have done a bit more as an amateur than JP.
AJ is inclined to a fast solid workrate after he's set it up with the jab and seems to have the goods to get the desired finish in quick order. The guy is exciting at this point you have to admit.

yes he isnt too shabby eh mate :-) he looks relaxed and doesnt sit there and trade blows after he has put some work in. Experience favors AJ heaps. I expect to watch him vs Parker one day if KB avoids all the pitfalls along the way with Baby Joseph.
Klit HAS KO'd Thompson.  The first time by KO and the second by TKO.  And, Joshua talks as much, if not more so, than Parker and KB.  He's on the hype machine also.  Let him KO Johnson, or even beat him, and then we'll take it to another level.  Still, like Parker, he hasn't beaten a top ten guy.
Shaddup Die ffs hahaha lol buuut ....... A.......J. mmight have more to be confident about getting up there.... doncha think

oh never mind....
Nope, Sham.  You give AJ a pass both on the hype and the level of opponent.  And yet you criticise one of our own.  Did you know that Parker was part Irish?  Now I gotcha.
(12-12-2014, 01:25 PM)diehard Wrote: Nope, Sham.  You give AJ a pass both on the hype and the level of opponent.  And yet you criticise one of our own.  Did you know that Parker was part Irish?  Now I gotcha.

which part is Irish Die?? lmao
Well Irish does make a difference Die, we must enquire if AJ is part Irish lol.

All things equal, I do consider AJ had better comp and stats. Parker was pulled outta the bin.

And for all intents and purposes JP is not responsible for the over the top hype here in little Godzone, it's his promoters and of KB that are rubbing their hands together in gold coins that you and stormy are providing.... lol

But as I said before, JP has got a whole wwy better and although I don't expect him to reach AJ heights he should put together a retirement fund in his endeavours.....
I've said it B4 and will say it again.. UK is where the ££ is for boxing right now (and Europe) I always thought Cameron and Tua should have gone there and made some coin fighting B & C graders like Skelton, Sprott, Price, Chisora and co
There is plenty of cannon fodder for AJ there to keep busy while also making money. That is a luxury for him. JP could beat Chisora right now. Possibly not best route for JP after all my typing !! But Tua I thought wasted a golden handshake there.
Have I lost my point somewhere
No Bart, you having lost your point, you are on point.  I agree with you 100%.  Since Chisora lost to Fury, it's a worthless fight at this point.  But I would target some UK fighters.  Problem is, if it's in the UK, how is Duco gonna make their money.  Co-promoting maybe?
[quote='bart' pid='253' dateline='1418364084']
I've said it B4 and will say it again.. UK is where the ££ is for boxing right now (and Europe) I always thought Cameron and Tua should have gone there and made some coin fighting B & C graders like Skelton, Sprott, Price, Chisora and co
There is plenty of cannon fodder for AJ there to keep busy while also making money. That is a luxury for him. JP could beat Chisora right now. Possibly not best route for JP after all my typing !! But Tua I thought wasted a golden handshake there.
Have I lost my point somewhere

Chisora used to come looking for a fight. His last fight he just couldnt summon up that same kind of attitude. JP only needs to manage his range, and fight behind a good, strong, lightening fast(doubble) jab. Duco should get him to fight Parker next. He is a front footed fighter that is crowd pleasing and very beatable at the same time. But thats not a gamble some folks would be willing to take, and for good reasons. Fighters here are being taken care of I would say.

Yes,I see holes here and there in JPs defenses sometimes, and im sure his trainer does to.(Basics win fights etc) :-)But i can see his speed and accuracy giving a few "contenders" a scare or two along the way.:-)

and by the way........Tua vs anyone not named Price would be both a win, and a good win and a money earner for Tua. good idea :-)