Heavyweight Division
(06-26-2016, 01:24 PM)Msreef Wrote: Pretty average fight. AJ's power probably a bit overrated, I don't think he hits quite as hard as the other top punchers in the division. He's also showing to be rather one dimensional. Against an opponents with quicker hands and feet AJ will struggle IMO.

Wishful thinking on the "overrated power"

He fought very conservatively against a guy with proven durability and knocked him bandy the minute the guy opened up.

Throwing 45 shot combinations against a gassed French midget and not even making him blink?

Now that's overrated!
Your saying Breazeale has proven durability? Against who? Mansour put him down in the third round. It took AJ seven, and he took a number of big hits. Amir Mansour is a big puncher but you'd expect AJ to be much bigger.
Joshua fought a completely different style of fight to Mansour lol.
Joshua's performance was at least a 9 out of 10, his opponent about a 5. It really does prove nothing but at least will help with confidence, there was some really classy timing in some of those shots. Another win for the ledger and another defence. Little else though, it really does look like Parker next though.....
He connected clean a number of times in the early rounds, if he was a mammoth puncher like Wlad or Ortiz then Breazeale would have gone down much earlier.

Yep Parker or Wilder next. Eddie Hearn said that they can probably get an extension from the IBF before he fights his mandatory. Pretty annoying...they have chosen the sub par opposition, they shouldn't be able to get an extension because they are not confident enough to fight Parker this year.
'Not confident enough to fight Parker this year' haha. I like you Msreef, your a good poster but some of your man love for Parker is bordering at south African man levels. Serious question do you think Parker or Joshua beat a prime Botha? Haha.
Nobody beats a prime Botha Craig. It's silly to mention Joshua or Parker in the same sentence as him.

Why would they go to the IBF and ask for an extension if they were confident against Parker? They see him as a risk because he is a big one.
I don't actually have that much man love for Parker haha, I think a number of guys in the division would beat him right now, I just think he has a really good chance against Joshua.
(06-26-2016, 04:50 PM)Msreef Wrote: He connected clean a number of times in the early rounds, if he was a mammoth puncher like Wlad or Ortiz then Breazeale would have gone down much earlier.

Yep Parker or Wilder next. Eddie Hearn said that they can probably get an extension from the IBF before he fights his mandatory. Pretty annoying...they have chosen the sub par opposition, they shouldn't be able to get an extension because they are not confident enough to fight Parker this year.

Feck sakes man breazele had a high guard and was concentrating on not getting kod, Joshua was content to just mess around for a few rounds in first gear. He was clearly in full control

Funny how that = "overrated power"

But when parker goes 8 rounds with that part time mall security guard from Arkansas who got Ko in 2 by Nagy Aguilera...

and I mean 8 rounds of loading up the kitchen sink, we make all the excuses in the world

"It was hot"

"Billy Bob was spoiling"

"Kevin Barry didn't have his lucky underpants"₩
Ms reef you are another Parker idiot that can't see the wood for the trees. AJ is progressing nicely and has shown us patience since the rush in stuff of the Whyte fight. AJ is progression in motion, boxing is boxing, any fool can throw punches. When the time comes AJ will beat Wlad but like most of them avoid Ortiz. Regards
I'm a Parker idiot for not agreeing with you? For not being impressed with the opposition AJ has fought? For not being suckered in by the big muscles and flashy KOs?
The guys has proven next to nothing. Sure, he could be the next Ali, be undefeated for the next 10 years. But from what I've seen that aint happening, not even close. He's a 'champion' who has fought nobody to get the title. We can only get a real assessment when he fights a real opponent.

All aboard the AJ hype train...
Infern0? Check
shamrock? Check