Heavyweight Division
My issue with Duco is the price and the undercard. Yeah, $20-25 is about right. But they could have an awesome undercard just by staying in NZ, along with the occasional Aussie to keep it interesting.

I think Joe and Duco have mutually benefited from their relationship. Duco got Joe a top trainer and training venue in KB and Vegas, Stu has been spot on with his match-making, and Joe has steadily improved his skill and body. The ground work has been done.

Honestly, do you think that the NZ public would continue to pay $40 for Minto, Martz, Bergman, etc RIGHT NOW? No way. Duco has to up the quality if they want to stay relevant in the NZ boxing market. No, Joe has to bring his wares to the US and Europe, with Duco promoting from afar. Also, no way a top ten guy is coming to NZ to fight Joe in his backyard. Why would they? Money? Not at the expense of their career.
https://www.boxing247.com/boxing-news/luis-ortiz-to-defend-interim-wba-heavyweight-title-against-alexander-dimitrenko-on-march-5th/52180#more-52180
Yes we wait till then kiwi but as was said we've already been waiting and AJ has now said he will fight Parker if Parker will go there for it....now we see what dodging duco will do. Don't be too parochial with your loyalty methinks.
OK Sham, you're Duco, KB, and Parker. Would you make the fight with AJ if you were them? Forget the hype and bullshit coming from Lonergan and co. Would you make the fight if it were an eliminator in July?
Die it's not to do with me mate, but weren't duco and Jo calling Joshua out a couple of weeks ago?? Now Joshua OKs the matching we hear duco has no mind for it...All hype and crap to fool the no public. That means you and me and kiwi!
(02-02-2016, 07:45 PM)diehard Wrote: OK Sham, you're Duco, KB, and Parker.  Would you make the fight with AJ if you were them?  Forget the hype and bullshit coming from Lonergan and co.  Would you make the fight if it were an eliminator in July?

No, i would not make that fight, far too dangerous
That wasn't my question, Sham. I said, "forget about the hype, the calling people out, Lonergan, etc."

If you were KB, Duco, or Parker, and you were in their position, would you fight AJ in the next few months?
No I wouldn't die, Parker isn't ready for Joshua yet. That fight needs a bit of space for Parker to fight some live bodies. However, the duco team have put their foot in it again and the nz public will wake up from their slumber. The April fight had better prove a point.
Yep, I agree, Sham. Too early. And Lonergan better be careful what he asks for, as he may just get it.
http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2016/feb/02/frank-bruno-boxing-comeback-dashed

And in other news... Frank Bruno would be denied a boxing licence if he applied....