Heavyweight Division
Haye will beat some, an I include JP in this right now. But he wont beat a Fury type fighter. Fury's too big and awkward for Haye.
Fury's lack of punching power leaves a question mark in any hypothetical matchup Dannyboy, David Haye can sling em', not saying he could wipe out the division but I'm thinking with his added movement and style plus his best Sunday punch he becomes a nightmare to many, and they will dodge him.
Which is why I don't rate Fury as high as the others mentioned. Punching Power. Many of us didn't rate Fury at all until Klit. And Klit threw probably one of the lowest punch counts for a championship match in heavyweight history. One could argue that Fury took that away from him, but Klit was too intimidated (Fury's size) to even try. When he did, he almost stopped Fury in the 11th and 12th round. Any top heavyweight with speed, Haye, Parker, Wilder, will take it to Fury rather than follow him around (Klit).
I'm thinking Wlad was beaten before the fight started, Fury in his face from woe to go.

Hopefully Wlad can find a way to produce some of the skills he possess's in the rematch and peel the big drongo back to where he belongs.
(01-20-2016, 12:04 PM)diehard Wrote: Which is why I don't rate Fury as high as the others mentioned.  Punching Power.  Many of us didn't rate Fury at all until Klit.  And Klit threw probably one of the lowest punch counts for a championship match in heavyweight history.  One could argue that Fury took that away from him, but Klit was too intimidated (Fury's size) to even try.  When he did, he almost stopped Fury in the 11th and 12th round.  Any top heavyweight with speed, Haye, Parker, Wilder, will take it to Fury rather than follow him around (Klit).

Re-writing history are we, now we can add Haye to the list, you definitely have Fury out of the top 5. I'm still of the opinion he wouldn't be in your top 10. 
Might be right, Sham. Came out of the gate very tentative, and didn't throw his usual jackhammer jab. Stayed that way until Vitali put a burr under his ass in the 11th, and he started fighting. Fury clearly deserved the win. I just can't see Klit behaving the same way again. Hard to believe that after a 10 year rein, he let Fury's antics get to him.
Excellent article by ESB of the heavyweight division:

https://www.boxing247.com/boxing-news/the-heavyweights-high-on-potential-or-low-on-talent/51673#more-51673
(01-20-2016, 12:46 PM)diehard Wrote: Excellent article by ESB of the heavyweight division:

https://www.boxing247.com/boxing-news/the-heavyweights-high-on-potential-or-low-on-talent/51673#more-51673

shit article lol
Thought you'd say that, as they rubbished Fury. Honestly though, James, I do have Fury in my top 10, maybe even top 5. I just see all those guys clustered together: Fury, Wilder, Martin, Haye, AJ, Parker, Povetkin, Ortiz, Klit. It's like a horse race, who's going to get there first and beat the others. I don't see anyone dominating of that group. Nope, not no more. Klit has left the building. Thank you Fury!
Very good article this, thanks Die... I don't know if I agree 100% with it but it's very well written.

With regards to Haye, styles make fights and I just don't see him dominating bigger men. His fight against Wlad was very convincing and showed him up, he could not get close to Wlad (even if Wlad was hitting and holding).

As I've said, I don't think Wlad will win the return fight with Fury. He won't be allowed to use those tactics and I don't believe he has it in him to actually fight coming forward.

However, its definitely a lot more exciting times in HW division, can only be a good thing for boxing!