Heavyweight Division
Looking back on it, when Fury absolutely embarrassed Chisora and Hammer, I thought it was because they were crap, but with the benefit of hindsight, we see Fury has some pugilistic authenticity, as Bfan has said over and over.

Haye isn't rubbish. He's very quick and has power.
Klit was the Klit with the great jab.

Chisora's loss against Helenius was at least unfair - Helenius hardly scored in the last 6 rounds, so not sure how he got the win.

So Chisora has lost to some very good fighters and been on the wrong end of a decision.

I can't see him beating a top 5 guy, but I can see him beating Helenius and getting a well deserved payday.
It's a tough business. He wouldn't be the first guy to come back from a couple of beatings and make a great fight

No way should he ever go near Fury again though - that last one was shite
Listen. Fury is an outstanding Boxer and im glad some of the members here are starting to realise that this man has the goods.

Chirosa V Fury was like a cat playing with a mouse.

I would love Fury to give Browne a title shot....Browne thinks he can KO anyone because he has Power but Fury will play with him and enjoy every second of it too.
The man with the deepest pockets in boxing, Povetkins promoter Andrei Ryabinsky, says;
"First, there is the individual Vyacheslav Glazkov, who is likely to become the world champion under the version of the IBF. He's a good fighter and he will be a serious player in the division."

Really? - he must know something we don't...
I stick by saying he beats Martin on points, but I don't see Glazkov beating anyone top ten

Ryabinsky is saying how exciting the heavy division is becoming.
http://www.boxingscene.com/povetkins-promoter-sees-big-things-heavyweight-division--100190
Wladimir Klitschko: “My ego is my engine, and it is struggling from defeat.”

Vitali Shaposhnikov - January 14, 2016 - 28 comments

On November 28, 2015, in Düsseldorf, Germany, Wladimir Kliltschko crossed the ropes to face Tyson Fury. He seemed confident that he would once again emerge a winner, as thought the majority of boxing fans as well as analysts. This time, they were wrong.

As the bout-ending bell rang, it was clear that a UD was going to go to the new world champion Tyson Fury. While the entire fight seemed lackluster and undeserving of the hype that it had received, Fury seemed more engaged and aggressive than Klitschko.

Despite the fact that it has been a long time since Wladimir put on a thrilling performance, he is nonetheless usually able to control the entire fight with his long, reaching, thundering jab. This time around, the boxer across the ring had all that was required to win the fight: motivation and great movement for a tall heavyweight.

A rematch clause was of course part of the contract, and as reported earlier, it will be honored. But before the rematch takes place, it looks as though Wladimir has a lot of psychological healing to do.

“Physically it doesn’t hurt anymore. Luckily I left the ring with just a few cuts, and no other injuries. But inside, there is still plain. I have a big ego. My ego is my engine, and it is struggling from defeat,” stated Klitschko in a recent interview.

After staying on top for so long, it’s no surprise that emotional damage was done. Finding motivation, the raw drive, might be a tricky thing for the Ukainian heavyweight. It only seems natural for one to start questioning their abilities after a loss.

It is also worth noting that Wladimir is not very good at preserving his self esteem after defeat. When he lost to Lamon Brewster in 2007, it took quite some time for the great Emanuel Steward to bring some confidence back to Klitschko while they walked Times Square.

Having said all that, Wladimir is not looking for any excuses: “I really was in the best physical shape. But if there is no balance to the physical and the physiological, you will struggle. I never engaged in the fight. I analyzed the reason for this, and I know what I need to do in the future. The result of the rematch will be different,” concluded Klitschko.
He WILL KO Fury in the rematch. He's "looking for reasons why he lost?" Simple, like Lotto, you gotta play to win. Klit decided he did not want to throw punches in that fight. When he did, in the 11th and 12th round, he almost had Fury out on his feet. No psychologist needed. He just needs to fight.
(01-15-2016, 11:03 AM)diehard Wrote: He WILL KO Fury in the rematch.  He's "looking for reasons why he lost?"  Simple, like Lotto, you gotta play to win.  Klit decided he did not want to throw punches in that fight.  When he did, in the 11th and 12th round, he almost had Fury out on his feet.  No psychologist needed.  He just needs to fight.

I thought Fury staggered Wlad in 11 and Wlad was turned inside out which lead to a punch to the back of the head, only for the ref to jump in and deduct a point off him. Wlad got a rest and recovered, he might have been finished if Fury could have followed up.
I'll have to look at the tape again, as boring and painful as it might be. I thought what you said was accurate, but it was Klit who staggered Fury, not the other way around. I'll look again.

I do think that Klit was afraid to throw punches, because he was fighting someone bigger than him, and he couldn't create the distance as he normally does. I thought in the 12th that Fury was going to be stopped, but he survived.
https://www.sky.co.nz/-/sky-lands-a-big-hit-with-year-long-boxing-deal

ESB has rumoured Oscar Rivas vs Gerald Washington as now in the mix for Feb 26 on PBC, so we might get that

2 undefeated prospects fighting is always good to see, although Washington was a little lucky against Mansour
Another good fight there James. Looking forward to Rivas stepping it up.

Heres a vid of Chris Byrd talking about the heavy division (from about 2:40)
Obviously impressed with Parker and Joshua

http://www.boxingscene.com/video-chris-byrd-on-kovalev-pascal-ii-fury-parker-joshua--100336
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zj28VBo38Wo

The Round Table: David Haye and Mark De Mori