Heavyweight Division
Don't know why everyone is dissing Wilder. I thought he looked good, albeit against average opposition:

https://www.boxing247.com/boxing-news/deontay-wilder-prematurely-talking-klitschko-clash/47239#more-47239
Wilder did look good and he does seem to be improving with every fight but I can't help but think that when he does finally get in the ring with a high level operater he will be knocked out.
Yeah, but define high level.  Who can beat him other than Klit?  Although Wilder vs AJ would be a good match-up.

I agree, though, his defence may not be up to speed.  His eye was pretty puffed up against an average opponent.

Wilder is faster than Klit, and matches him in power.  Klit has the better boxing skills, and more experience.  It would be interesting.
I think Wilder v AJ is a 50-50 fight at this stage. We know Wilder has some punch resistance he doesnt have a granite jaw but it certainly isn't made of glass either. The problem i have with Wilder is that after 35 pro fights he still hasnt faced anyone decent apart from Bermane Stiverne who he handled with ease but it the same time people need to remeber that Stiverne was severely dehydrated coming into that fight and spent a number of days in hospital I want to see a rematch between Wilder and Stiverne. I can see why his team picked to defend against Duhaupas he was a TOUGH DURABLE guy who gave Wilder rounds but he was never ever in danger of losing to him. Lucas Browne wants to fight Wilder but i dont give him a chance i think Wilder KO'S him in the early rounds. If Wilder can beat Povetkin then all credit to him hes the real deal but at the moment I just dont know....
No way of knowing if he's the real deal until he fights someone legitimately ranked. Povetkin, AJ, and a rematch with Stiverne all sound good. Stiverne is way better than he showed against Wilder. But I'd say the same about AJ and Parker. Until they fight someone at a high level, how would you know? AJ vs Whyte should be a step toward that goal.
I would resist an AJ / Wilder match in the short term as I would with Parker in that top echelon because they both need more development and as we decided in other posts they just aren't ready for that kind if exposure yet. As Die says Aj versus Whyte is a step up as also in my book is JP against Meehan but JPs effort can be rated in the lower sense as per Meehans age etc. In the same sense I don't see Wilder ready yet for Klitsckho in skills not in age of course Klit is the old man.
The WBC president says Wilder has to fight Povetkin next, and Sasha (with the backing of a Russian billionaire) will win the purse bid, so Deontay will have to go to Moscow and fight in front of rabid Russian fans
If he gets through that, he's the real deal.
If I was AJ or Parker, there's no way I'd face Povetkin just yet.
If I'm Wilders promoter Haymon, I'd be pretty nervous about it too
Gothe, you've got connections! Didn't know you knew the WBC President. You and Chauncy. I agree, gothe, a good test for Wilder. I have no idea who would be the favourite.

Yes, Sham, you reminded me that AJ and Parker need to go slow. Continue improving your skill, and your level of opponent. I figure both will fight for the title in 2017--if they keep winning!
What is Povetkins chin like ?
Rock solid!  I don't know if he's ever been down.  Did Klit knock him down?  Anyway, he's fought most of the top heavyweights, and with Perez, seems to be back.  He fights Wach next month.