Heavyweight Division
Helenius-Teper EBU title fight in Helsinki, Finland

By Pasi Taavitsainen

In a terrific clash of unbeaten heavyweights, “The Nordic Nightmare” Robert Helenius (21-0, 13 KOs) will challenge EBU (European) heavyweight champion Erkan Teper (15-0, 10 KOs) on December 19 at the Hartwall Arena in Helsinki, Finland.

The formerly WBO #1 rated Helenius is 2-0 with 2 KOs since resuming his career in March following a promotional dispute that kept him out of action for two years.

Teper will be making the first defense of the belt he won in July with a spectacular second round knockout against David Price in Ludwigsburg, Germany.
You certainly can't accuse Teper of picking cans. Helenius is his voluntary! He's got Chisora as mandatory next, and if he beats both of them he could get a shot at Wlad before Joshua comes for his Euro belt
Right? That's pretty impressive from both sides. I thought Helenius was self promoting these days- how on earth did he get the European champ to come to his homeland and put the belt on the line? Thats a dangerous move for Teper- Chisora easily beat Helenius in Finland back in 2011 and was robbed in that one....
Just saw the Whyte vs Minto fight, followed by AJ and Cornish. Minto made a fight of it, but he's just too small as a heavyweight. Was able to hit Whyte pretty easily, but just didn't have the power.

AJ is a beast. He looks invincible. I can see what Sham sees in him. Speed and heavy hands. Based on that showing, he's ready for Wlad right now. BUT, he hasn't fought anybody in the top 20. Before I schedule the Klit fight for him, I need to see him fight some guys in the top ten. Same goes for Parker.

He'll destroy Whyte. Whyte is too open on defence, and if Minto had more power, Whyte would have hit the campus. BUT, he can punch.

BTW, Minto took and gave as good as he got. But he quit, again. Took a knee, looked at his corner, and shook his head. Just like with Parker.
Minto knew he was overpowered. Why take more head shots than he needs to?
Agree Whyte's defense was pretty non-existent. AJ will make him pay for sure.
Whyte does have the 5% punchers chance I guess, but I wouldn't put any money on it. Agree AJ is a beast.

Also agree with Cranky that Chisora was ripped off against Helenius - that was a shocker. Teper needs to watch out for another hometown decision
I too think AJ will beat Whyte and i think it will be all over pretty quickly. Whyte really doesn't like AJ and I can see him going away from his gameplan rushing in trying to rip AJ's head off and getting countered an put down and out although he has a punchers chance hopefully he can land a few shots on AJ and test his chin out a bit.
I also think Joshua wins in the pros. But lets remember Whyte dominated Joshua in their amateur bout, dropping and hurting him (and it was Whyte's first boxing bout I believe). Both guys have improved since then. Whyte had the 2 year ban and Joshua has gone from strength to strength. I'm expecting a cracking fight!

Dominic Breazeale is taking on Fred Kassi (the guy who arguably defeated Arreola), and Gerald Washington is fighting Amir Mansour.

These prospects are all starting to step up. I hope Parker doesn't get left behind.
(09-19-2015, 12:01 PM)Jamieson Wrote: I also think Joshua wins in the pros. But lets remember Whyte dominated Joshua in their amateur bout, dropping and hurting him (and it was Whyte's first boxing bout I believe). Both guys have improved since then. Whyte had the 2 year ban and Joshua has gone from strength to strength. I'm expecting a cracking fight!

Dominic Breazeale is taking on Fred Kassi (the guy who arguably defeated Arreola), and Gerald Washington is fighting Amir Mansour.

These prospects are all starting to step up. I hope Parker doesn't get left behind.
JP's only 23 - he's younger than all those guys.
Washington is 33 and Brezeale is 30
I'm more worried about him being rushed than left behind
Good comment and reply goth, got to respect that. Jo is young enough to wait on, hope in the waiting his skills and mindset develop. I consider his skill set not proven yet.
(09-19-2015, 12:38 PM)gothenaki Wrote:
(09-19-2015, 12:01 PM)Jamieson Wrote: I also think Joshua wins in the pros. But lets remember Whyte dominated Joshua in their amateur bout, dropping and hurting him (and it was Whyte's first boxing bout I believe). Both guys have improved since then. Whyte had the 2 year ban and Joshua has gone from strength to strength. I'm expecting a cracking fight!

JP's only 23 - he's younger than all those guys.
Washington is 33 and Brezeale is 30
I'm more worried about him being rushed than left behind

Is Parker fighting the kind of guys that is going to help his development? Sure he's younger but a win for either Washington or Breazeale puts them in the mix and gets them recognition. What does a win over Meehan do for Parker? Sure it's another small step up but it's not even a blimp on the world scene.