Heavyweight Division
(03-26-2018, 09:47 AM)diehard Wrote: https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/combat-sports/102578330/anthony-joshua-v-joseph-parker-i-will-prove-parkers-trainer-has-lied-to-him-vows-joshua

Brilliant, great talk from AJ. He's been mia for some of the buildup  while team Parker have been ott. Good to see some fire in AJs belly. 
One plodder down one more to go...

#prayforjoe
(03-26-2018, 10:30 AM)U.K. Fight Fan Wrote: One plodder down one more to go...

#prayforjoe

Prayer be fine but hesthe one in the fight
Massive thank you goes to Naki and Steven for the help with the stream.
My big learning from that fight was I need to find out where you buy Clenbuterol from??? Not because I'm a fighter, just because I'm overweight love a beer and don't have much time to train to lose said weight. Judging by Browne's effort against Whyte it must be good stuff!
Anyone else think Browne looked like a defeated little boy walking to the ring? Not sure If Brown was injured but coming in at that weight and that out of sorts you would very much hope so. Maybe the occasion and pressure of a everything or nothing fight got to him.
If Parker loses badly on the weekend I'm still predicting Duco to wheel Browne out for Parker's return as a former world champion who brings knock out power, is world rated and brings arguably bigger challengers than Aj because he has mean ass tats and used to be a bouncer... lets hope not
Browne: "I'll be back." Please. No.

https://www.boxingscene.com/lucas-browne-my-eye-giving-me-trouble-i-back--126550
To be fair he wouldn't have been able to see out of that eye and he will now know that he cannot come in at that weight again and now knows roughly what level he can operate at.
Hasn't taken a lot of punishment until the weekend so why not take another three fights or so and make some money as an opponent. Plenty would be keen to fight him with his record and he has nothing to protect or lose anymore.
Might be a nice fight for someone like a Junior Fa or some other young prospect looking to set up
Fa would be an excellent match-up for Browne. But I think he needs another coupla fights first. Fa that is.
Hearn: Wilder May Have No Choice on Whyte, WBC Will Order It

Eddie Hearn, promoter for heavyweight contender Dillian Whyte (23-1, 17 KOs), is expecting that at some point in 2018 - the World Boxing Council will order a mandatory fight with WBC world champion Deontay Wilder (40-0, 39 KOs).

Whyte was in action on Saturday night at the O2 Arena in London, and pulled off a brutal knockout victory over Lucas Browne in the sixth round.

Wilder was in action earlier this month, when he retained his title with a tenth round knockout victory over undefeated Cuban puncher Luis Ortiz at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, New York.

Whyte, who is sitting in the number one position, is currently the top rated challenger to Wilder's world title.

Hearn has made attempts in the past to make that fight, but Wilder has rejected the idea of that contest - because he wants to get in the ring with Hearn's top fighter, IBF/IBO/WBA champion Anthony Joshua - who this coming Saturday will face WBO champion Joseph Parker in a unification at Principality Stadium in Cardiff, Wales.

Both Wilder and Whyte will be ringside in Cardiff.

Last November, Wilder made his mandatory obligation with a knockout victory in the first round over former champion Bermane Stiverne.

There is no timeline on when the WBC will drop their order to mandate Wilder-Whyte, but Hearn is very confident that it will get ordered this year.

"Dillian can box him in June or July or whenever. [Wilder] may have no choice, because if Mauricio Sulaiman orders the mandatory.... he boxed Stiverne which was an outstanding mandatory, but at some point in 2018 the WBC is going to call the mandatory," Hearn said.

"We're offering him $3 million dollars, plus U.S. TV [money], which [all together] is around $4 million. I reckon that he made about $2.5 million against Ortiz. But this week is going to be fun, because Wilder is coming to Cardiff and Dillian is coming to Cardiff, and there will be 80,000 people."
Wilders team are a bunch of idiots.

Hearn offered a very good purse to Wilder for a voluntary but now Wilder will have to fight whyte anyway as a voluntary, if I was hearn id let team wilder pay to put the fight on as they will make less than what he's offering plys have to pay browne
Hmm the WBC have been very friendly to Wilder's team over the years. Maybe they'll order Whyte v Breazeale as a final eliminator?