Heavyweight Division
I was ok if Chisora won, it could have gone either way. So excited about the heavweight division now. AJ/Parker, Browne/Whyte, and Wilder/Ortiz in the first part of 2018.
Yep add to that Povetkin, Miller, the returning Tyson Fury - Hughie if he ever fights anyone
Ruiz I would love to see back in the ring finally- he should be fighting top 5 fighters
Don't forget Izu. He's been injured, but he's been in training. It's all good.
Andy Ruiz has REALLY dissapointed me. The performance he put on vs Parker told me that if he was 15lb lighter he would have won the belt, he was SO close.

He should have soent 2016 fighting every 3 months, dropping the weight and smashing opponents to bits, he would be right in line for a shot by now.

But something tells me we will only see him back when gis banc account gets low
Well Ruiz is back out soon and I'm quite interested to see how he operates as he has lost a lot of weight in the last year or so. I' also interested to see who he'll face. He has mentioned Chris Arreola in the last few months which I think would be an awful fight as Arreola is well over the hill and inactive these days.
(12-23-2017, 08:56 PM)Infern0 Wrote: Andy Ruiz has REALLY dissapointed me. The performance he put on vs Parker told me that if he was 15lb lighter he would have won the belt, he was SO close.

He should have soent 2016 fighting every 3 months, dropping the weight and smashing opponents to bits, he would be right in line for a shot by now.

But something tells me we will only see him back when gis banc account gets low

That's typical of Ruiz, undisciplined an inactive. So much potential...yes, I think he would have beaten Parker if he was lighter. He faded late from memory.
Wanting to face Arreloa shows where his head is at- a lack of drive and ambition unfortunately
He should be fighting Breazeale or whyte then a title shot....
Motivation must be an issue
https://www.boxing247.com/boxing-news/daniel-dubois-the-heavyweight-prospect-to-watch-in-2018-and-beyond/87473

http://www.boxingscene.com/parker-thrilled-with-furys-looming-return-says-division-back--123736
Wilder: Parker is Joshua's Top Priority, We're Not Going To Chase

Deontay Wilder is going to move forward with his career and fight the best opponents possible if Anthony Joshua decides to delay their fight for bit.

WBA, IBO and IBF heavyweight champion Joshua is 20-0, all by knockout, following his win over Carlos Takam in Cardiff in October.

Last month, Wilder retained his WBC crown by flooring Bermane Stiverne in the first round to move to 39-0, and Joshua's promoter Eddie Hearn reportedly held talks with the American's representatives about a potential meeting next year.

The next move for Wilder is a likely showdown with Cuba's Luis Ortiz on March 3 at Barclays Center in Brooklyn, New York.

Joseph Parker, the WBO champ, is also in the mix for a unification bout with Joshua in 2018, and the New Zealander is happy to settle for a 35 per cent share of profits - a notion Wilder will not entertain.

"I don't think they are trying to make a negotiation at this point," Wilder told Cillian O Conchuir. "I think they are trying to seek Parker. They got him on his agenda.

"[He is] their top priority which is fine. If they don't want to fight at this time, that it is ok. We're not [going to] chase [anybody]. I'm not chasing Joshua. If Joshua [doesn't] want to fight, then that's fine. If they want to have one fight apiece, and fight me next, that is fine.

"[Me vs. Joshua] is a great fight, it is one of the biggest fights in the world and everyone wants it. The state of boxing, the heavyweight division, we can finally say it is back, it is exciting, it's on fire and to make it even more lit, and even more exciting is going to be the moment when me and Joshua stand in the middle of the ring.

"All the eyes around the world will be watching. We will stop the world in a moment in time to see once and for all, who is the heavyweight champion of the world."

USER COMMENTS AND FEEDBACK (REGISTER FOR FREE TO COMMENT)
Comment by Curt Henning on 12-25-2017
[QUOTE=juggernaut666;18360480]I never saw Wilder on ESPN beyond maybe after a fight . You can say hes ALWAYS on but i know thats a lie . The Wlad fight does need to be explained to an imbecile who cant differentiate that…

Comment by juggernaut666 on 12-25-2017
[QUOTE=Curt Henning;18360459]do you need exact dates and times, down to the minute, of when wilder KO's have been shown on sportscenter? lol...they literally show them every time he fights...its usually less than a minute of highlights....but he gets run on…

Comment by Curt Henning on 12-25-2017
[QUOTE=juggernaut666;18360447]Really when are these Wilder K.O highlights on sports center shown? The fight was a hit bc Klitchko was also fighting and probably carried that fight more than Joshua to U.S fans bc ppl here knew who Klitchko was ...NOW…

[QUOTE=Curt Henning;18360431]things change when the guy in the other corner has a familiar name.......wilder vs stiverne simply isnt going to attract the same level of interest as wilder/joshua would...... the AJ/wlad fight was a hit over here on showtime....wilder keeps…

[QUOTE=zaheer;18360401]What's the point of Joshua fighting in America? There's only one known American boxer in the heavyweight division and that's Wilder. So in the long term it makes more sense to continue fighting in the UK, filling out football stadiums…
I'd be shocked if Wilder's next opponent is anyone other than Dominic Breazeale. The Luis Ortiz fight will not happen and Ortiz will probably spend the rest of his career fighting guys who you would barely rank in the top 100.