Heavyweight Division
(11-27-2017, 10:38 PM)craigyid14 Wrote: So if Charr defended his title 5 times, would he become a super champion too? And then would two more fighters fight for the vacant regular title? Its like an 8 year olds playground game.

it's all just excuses to get more sanctioning fees.

Say for example Eddie Hearn decides th try and make Dillain Whyte vs Charr for the "heavyweight title". then Wilder vs Whyte in a "unification"

WBA gonna take their slice
NOVEMBER 27, 2017
WBA orders Charr-Oquendo negotiations

The World Boxing Association (WBA) Championships Committee ordered the teams behind WBA Heavyweight Champion Manuel Charr and Fres Oquendo to start negotiations for their mandatory fight.
Charr won the WBA belt last weekend against Alexander Ustinov by unanimous decision, while Oquendo has a longstanding New York court order to fight for the WBA world heavyweight title. Both parties were duly notified on November 26 and must reach an agreement before December 22 or the fight will be called to a purse bid and both boxers will get 50%.
In other news, the WBA Championships Committee ordered a bantamweight eliminator between #1 ranked Yonfrez Parejo (21-2-1, 10 KOs) and #4 Stephon Young (17-0-3, 7 KOs), and a welterweight eliminator between #1 rated Kanat Islam (25-0, 20 KOs) and #2 John Vera (18-0, 11 KOs).
If anyone really cares 1 iota...

David Price defeats Kamil Sokolowski

David Price made a winning return to action with a comfortable six-round points victory over Poland’s Kamil Sokolowski at the Brentwood Centre in Essex on Saturday night.

Headlining MTK Global’s ‘Pride & Glory’ fight bill, which was broadcast live by iFL TV on YouTube, former British and Commonwealth champion Price was back in the ring for the first time since a stoppage loss to Christian Hammer last February.

Having boxed less than four rounds in the year prior to his loss to Hammer, the 2008 Beijing Olympic medallist had claimed prior to Saturday’s bout that he was eager to clock up some much-needed ring time. Price succeeded in that mission as he gradually moved up the gears before claiming all six rounds in a 60-54 decision over tough Polish journeyman Sokolowski.

“I needed those rounds. That’s why I was working behind the jab,” said Price. “I wanted to go six rounds. I wouldn’t have proved anything by stopping him, so I wanted to get the rounds in the bank. Now we move on – but it’s great to be back in the ring.”

Price was patient in the opening round, using his jab as he warmed up while he moved on to his back foot in the second as a game Sokolowski pursed him. The 34-year-old upped his work-rate in rounds three and four, beginning to take control in the latter. With Sokolowski marked up on his left eye, the Pole appeared to lose some zip in the fifth while Price had found his rhythm throwing a fluid jab and a couple of heavy right hands.

The bout marked only the sixth time in Price’s 26-fight career that he has gone past the fifth round and his points victory improves his pro record to 22-4 (18KOs).
Unfortunately for Price the same problems still exist with stamina issues and the fact that he is still afraid to get hit. If I were his handlers I'd keep him at this sort of level for the time being as he would be no chance against anyone half decent at the moment.
If Price can win a European title and make some money from what's left of his career then that would be a success for him. Whatever happens, he's had an interesting career with lots of entertaining fights. Unfortunately he was a victim of over-hype.
Very similar to Audley Harrison, had some great fights (KO of Danny Williams was awesome) but both didn't adapt to the pro game as their chins weren't able to take the smaller gloves and the lack of headgear etc.
I used to really feel sorry for the abuse AH received especially from twats who never got in a ring themselves.
Luis "King Kong" Ortiz v Daniel Martz
http://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/id/21668850/heavyweight-contender-luis-king-kong-ortiz-returns-ring-friday
Wilder just reiterared 50/50 or no AJ fight
(12-05-2017, 01:25 PM)justafan Wrote: Luis "King Kong" Ortiz v Daniel Martz
http://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/id/21668850/heavyweight-contender-luis-king-kong-ortiz-returns-ring-friday

Awful fight. Good to see Ortiz back in the ring I suppose....
New Date for Bellew-Haye Rematch

The much-anticipated rematch between Tony Bellew and David Haye will take place on Saturday May 5 at The O2, London. Haye and Bellew were set to renew hostilities on December 17, however the fight was postponed after David Haye injured his bicep in a freak accident.
Tony Bellew commented “I’m pleased to get a new date in the diary and I look forward to giving boxing fans a great night on May 5. To be honest I was looking forward to a great victory in December and a relaxing family break over Xmas but my mind is still very much on this fight and I will punish him for that.
“I now have a very clear plan for 2018 and that is to knock out David Haye and then knock out Tyson ‘Stavros Flatley’ Fury and end both their careers but first things first I need to rid the sport of David Haye on May 5 and I look forward to doing this in what I believe will be an explosive fight.”
David Haye commented: “I’m thrilled to confirm that The Rematch between myself and Tony Bellew will take place on May 5, returning to The O2.
“Whilst the first chapter of the Haye Bellew saga didn’t go my way, fans were left on the edge of their seats throughout the thrilling eleven round battle. The Rematch in May will no doubt eclipse this, Tony has boasted that The Rematch gives him the opportunity to force me into retirement. Unquestionably, I step into the ring on May 5 with both my career and legacy on the line.
“After my freak accident down a stairwell last month I was heartbroken not to give everyone the ending to 2017 I wanted. Since then I had to accept the cards I had been dealt, remain positive and focus on factors which are within my control; rehabilitation and rescheduling the fight.
“Over the past five years, I’ve had a number of challenges to overcome, but learnt often during times of adversity we learn and grow. As a result, come May, Tony will be faced with a more experienced and more determined opponent.
“On May 5, whether you are lucky enough to witness the showcase live, or tune in from home on Sky Box Office, you will not be disappointed. I will give fans the ending I have promised.
“In 2018 the Hayemaker will be back and I will once again give fans the biggest, most explosive, blockbuster fight nights they deserve.”