Heavyweight Division
Browne would be a dangerous fight for Parker
Easy win for Parker if it ever happened.

FYI- TURN DOWN YOUR SPEAKERS ON THIS VIDEO!
Lucas Browne wants grudge-fight with Dillian Whyte; “I would love nothing more than to hurt him”

James Slater - June 8, 2017 4 Comments

Australia’s Lucas Browne returned to winning ways a few days away, quietly despatching journeyman Matthew Greer in his homeland. The return fight saw Browne, 25-0(22) box for the first time since his heroic March 2016 win over Ruslan Chagaev, and the subsequent failed drugs tests.

Browne, who twice tested positive for illegal stimulants after the WBA title fight win, has always insisted he is innocent of any deliberate wrongdoing. Now back, his suspension lifted, the exciting slugger is targeting one man in particular: British contender Dillian Whyte; the man Browne has had a long-running Twitter argument with.

“In regards to the failed tests, I couldn’t have done anything about that,” Browne said in speaking with Sky Sports. “There was nothing I could have done. The second one in particular was a pre-workout I bought from the shops. I read the label and was trying to be as cautious as possible. Unfortunately, I came up with a failed test, so it was my fault. I would really like to see myself in a fight where I don’t like the other person. This is boxing, the best fights come out. I think the public want to see a fight between myself and (Dillian) Whyte, so I would love nothing more than to hurt him in front of his home crowd.”

Maybe Browne, usually a nice guy, wants to take out some of his considerable frustration on Whyte. Does Browne deserve to be given the benefit of the doubt as far as his two failed tests go? Maybe, maybe not. But Browne is far from the only big-name heavyweight who has failed a drugs test – with Shannon Briggs and Alexander Povetkin also doing so recently. Even Whyte himself was once suspended for taking, unintentionally, a banned substance.

Browne’s career now rolls on and a fight between he and Whyte would almost certainly provide fireworks. As a final eliminator, say, for a word title shot, this one would make sense and attract the fans, especially in the UK, which is just where “Big Daddy” has said he wants the fight to take place.
WBO sanctions Povetkin-Rudenko
By Przemek Garczarczyk

The WBO Intercontinental belt will be on the line on July 1 when former heavyweight champion Alexander Povetkin returns against Ukrainian Andrey Rudenko at the “Russia” (Luzhniki) Concert Hall in Moscow. The 33-year-old Rudenko is rated WBO #9, WBC #13 and IBF #13. Povetkin is currently under indefinite suspension by the WBC for failing a doping test.
Interesting. Could we see Povetkin work his way up to a possible mandatory within the next 12 months with the WBO?
(06-15-2017, 07:48 PM)African Monkey Wrote: Interesting. Could we see Povetkin work his way up to a possible mandatory within the next 12 months with the WBO?

Hope not. Povetkin is a hell of a fight for Parker, I'd be picking against JP if they fought.
(06-16-2017, 12:15 AM)Msreef Wrote:
(06-15-2017, 07:48 PM)African Monkey Wrote: Interesting. Could we see Povetkin work his way up to a possible mandatory within the next 12 months with the WBO?

Hope not. Povetkin is a hell of a fight for Parker, I'd be picking against JP if they fought.

So would I, especially with Povetkin's workrate on the inside. He wouldn't let JP breathe.
Yeah but povetkin off meldonium isnt the same
Heavyweight boxing champion Deontay Wilder charged with drug possession

Deontay Wilder has been charged with drug possession after marijuana was allegedly found in his car.

Heavyweight boxing champion Deontay Wilder has been charged with misdemeanour marijuana possession in Alabama.

However, the undefeated American boxer's lawyer says the marijuana found in his vehicle did not belong to him.

Police in Tuscaloosa, Alabama, said in a statement that they arrested Wilder on Wednesday afternoon (Thursday NZ time) after they found marijuana in his Cadillac Escalade.

Wilder, 31, was initially stopped for a window tint violation. Officers searched the SUV after smelling marijuana and found a small amount in the vehicle's console.

Wilder was charged with second-degree marijuana possession, a misdemeanour, and released on US$1000 bond.

Wilder's attorney Paul Patterson told The Associated Press that Wilder said the marijuana did not belong to him.

Patterson said that Wilder had just returned from an out-of-town trip, in which he had been driving another vehicle, and selected the Escalade to run errands around Tuscaloosa.

Wilder has several friends and associates who had access to the Escalade when he was out of town, Patterson said.

"He is heartbroken by this, but the fighter in him is going to ensure he fights and clears his good name," Patterson said.

The two-metre tall fighter is the World Boxing Council heavyweight champion. He won a bronze medal at the 2008 Olympics.

Wilder has been chasing a fight with Kiwi WBO champion Joseph Parker, with the hope of a unification bout in New York.

Wilder, keen to see one dominant champion of the splintered heavyweight division, envisaged the winner going on to fight Anthony Joshua, the big Brit who owns the WBA and IBF belts.

- AP