Heavyweight Division
Tyson Fury vs Christian Hammer

By Queensberry Promotions |  December 24, 2014 | 45 Comments
[Image: 593.jpg]
Undefeated heavyweight destroyer Tyson Fury faces a dangerous test against big-hitting Christian Hammer* on Saturday 28th February at London’s 02 arena, live and exclusive on BoxNation.
Fury puts his WBO International title on the line against the WBO number four ranked Hammer in a risky title defence ahead of a projected summer showdown with reigning world champion Wladimir Klitschko.
The Wilmslow giant dismantled Dereck Chisora for the second time last month to win the British and European titles and also secured the number one and mandatory position to Klitschko, who next fights in April, but must then defend his WBO title against Fury next.

German based Romanian Hammer, who fights out of the EC Boxing team, is a former WBO European Champion who has 10 stoppages out of 17 wins, and will be looking to cause a huge upset on these shores by being the first to defeat Fury and earn himself a shot at Klitschko.
In his last fight he defeated then rising, dynamite-hitting, Brazilian prospect Irineu Beato Costa Jnr, who until then had stopped 13 out of 15 opponents early, but Hamer showed that he can box as well as punch by winning every single round of the twelve rounder.
Fury, 25, is not worried by the threat Hammer poses to his dream of fighting for the world title and relishes the challenge that he brings.
“I’ve said all along I’m not like these other fighters in the division who pussy foot around, take soft touches and call themselves fighters,” Said Fury.
“I could have taken an easy job at the O2 arena to keep my position safe for my world title fight against Klitschko, but that’s not what Tyson Fury is about or what the public want to see from someone who has promised from day one to win the world heavyweight title,”
“On paper it’s a dangerous job against Hammer, he’s highly ranked, he brings a big punch with him, he’ll have ambitions of his own to beat me and grab himself a world title shot against Klitschko and I’m sure he’ll be full of confidence coming over here,”
“Training for Hammer will start in early January and this year is a big one for me and the world title is in my sight. My focus will be on Hammer now, he’s my priority and the man in the way of my dream,”
“There’s no messing about in the heavyweight division, one punch can turn everything upside down, that goes for him and for me, but I’ve got two things that other fighters lack, a fighting heart and massive balls. I love to fight, if I go down I get up and win, that’s why people love me and want to see me fight. Tyson Fury will never lose, simple.”
Hammer is promising to pull off of a seismic upset. He said, “I’m grateful for this fantastic opportunity to fight Tyson Fury and I’ll be in the best shape of my life. This is a golden opportunity for me to get the number one position to fight Klitschko for the world title if I can beat Fury. I love to fight bigger, taller, men and Fury is perfect for me. It will be a hard fight, but I’ve got every confidence that I’ll surprise everyone with a win in his backyard.”
Promoter Frank Warren says it’s a tough fight for Fury, “Fury will have his hands full with Hammer who could create a huge shock if he wins. It’s a risky fight for Fury who’s within touching distance of Klitschko and the world title, but Fury needs to keep active by fighting until Klitschko gets his fight in April out of the way and then comes to the table to negotiate the fight with Fury or the fight goes to purse bids. Fury needs to concentrate on Hammer and leave the talk of Klitschko after he’s dealt with Hammer.”
Warren also added that he’ll have some very big and exciting news to announce shortly for Chris Eubank Jnr. who makes his comeback on the show.
An action packed features Cromer ace Liam Walsh defending his British and Commonwealth Super-Featherweight titles; Bradley Skeete returning to action and challenging for the Vacant WBO European Welterweight title; big-hitting Enfield star Frank Buglioni making the first defence, in his second reign, of the WBO European Super-Middleweight title; Erith talent Lewis Pettitt defending his WBA International Super-Bantamweight Championship; plus exciting welterweight Ahmet Patterson defending his English Welterweight Championship against Sunderland’s undefeated Glenn Foot that will also be an Eliminator for the British Championship; American heavyweight and former world title challenger Eddie Chambers will feature in a showdown with a top 15 ranked opponent; plus the pro debut of Essex super-featherweight prospect Boy Jones Jnr.
Tickets are on sale now for Risky Business, priced at £50, £75, £100 and £250 + booking fees, are available from http://www.eventim.co.uk and 0844 249 1000 or AXS.com or 08448 24 48 24.
BoxNation will televise live and exclusive on Sky 437/HD 490, Virgin 546 and Talk Talk 525. Subscribe at http://www.boxnation.com Or watch online at Livesport.tv and via iPhone, iPad or Android.
*Term have been agreed between and contracts will be signed after the holiday period.
Andy Ruiz defeats Liakovich:

http://www.fightnews.com/Boxing/boxing-results-phoenix-274463
Good review of the heavyweight division:

http://www.boxing247.com/boxing-news/the-future-of-the-heavyweight-division/38048#more-38048
Fury dominates Hammer, wins TKO8

WBO #1 heavyweight Tyson Fury (24-0, 18 KOs) scored a one-sided eight round TKO over Christian Hammer (17-4, 10 KOs) on Saturday night at the O2 Arena in London. Fury, risking his mandatory title challenge against world champion Wladimir Klitschko, toyed with Hammer until dropping him in round five with a right hand. Hammer’s corner finally pulled the plug after round eight.
Two great fights this weekend:

HBO - Mar 14 (9:45PM ET/PT)
Sergey Kovalev vs. Jean Pascal
(IBF/WBO/WBA light heavyweight title)
Czar Glazkov vs. Steve Cunningham
(IBF heavyweight eliminator)
That Cunningham fight will be interesting. He had a rocky start to his heavy weight career, with a rough split decision against arch enemy Tomasz Adamek. Followed by Tyson Fury, who Cunningham dropped hard in the second round, which prompted Fury to sit on Cunningham until he was squashed into jelly. However since then he has beaten two undefeated fighters in Amir Mansour and Natu Visinia.

And now he is taking on Glazkov, one of the two fighters than ended Tomasz Adameks career.
ha coincidence! i'm watching adamek v szpilka on youtube right now
Here's why: http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=11412101

that article points you to IBF for Parkers next big opponent- outside glazkov and cunningham themselves, thinking spilzka, price or chisora could be who they thinking....
Boxing News

Briggs accepts Tarver’s challenge

briggsresponse300
Former multi-time world champion Antonio Tarver has been taunting former heavyweight champion of the world and WBA #6 heavyweight Shannon Briggs (57-6-1, 50 KOs) for weeks through the social media calling him out. Briggs says he is ready to call Tarver’s bluff and responded with the following:

“I can’t believe this fat, out of shape blown up cruiserweight has the nerve to call me out. What have you done at heavyweight to even warrant a fight with me, let alone fight for the heavyweight title? Your victory over Wlad Klitschko’s trainer Jonathan Banks? Are you serious? His trainer? Who is next? His personal chef in a final world title eliminator? You can only dream of accomplishing what I have at heavyweight as a former two-time heavyweight world champion. I know I am probably just wasting my time responding to you. I know that you’re just trying to latch on to my coattails from all the PR I have done over the last year by myself. There has been zero interest in your comeback. I get it. You’re desperate. I accept your challenge. Now go back to your Daddy Warbucks (adviser Al Haymon) to see if he can deliver what your big mouth has gotten you into. This is not going to be a long drawn out process. You got 24 hours. TICK TICK. LETS GO CHAMP!”
(03-11-2015, 11:54 AM)cranky Wrote: Here's why: http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=11412101

that article points you to IBF for Parkers next big opponent- outside glazkov and cunningham themselves, thinking spilzka, price or chisora could be who they thinking....

I saw that! Was thinking Chisora as well.. Would be a massive step up, in terms of opponent and putting himself on the world stage.