Heavyweight Division
Wilder: Joshua is Scared To Fight Me, I'm His Biggest Threat!
Undefeated WBC world heavyweight Champion Deontay Wilder is convinced that Anthony Joshua is "terrified" of fighting him.

Wilder faces dangerous Cuban Luis Ortiz in March, but he's already looking ahead to a potential unification with Joshua, who meets Joseph Parker a few weeks later.

Speaking to Steve Lillis on the latest BoxNation Podcast, Wilder covered a range of topics including how he plans to teach Ortiz a lesson for failed drug tests, why he holds back in fights, and his thoughts on Tyson Fury.

"I like Tyson Fury, he's a colourful character in the heavyweight division. He's my type of guy," revealed the 32-year-old.

"Boxing is a game where you either have personality or you don't. I'm not in this business to make it seem like I'm this humble guy, [and] I'm very polite. No. This is a gladiator sport! No gladiator in time ever just had that 'oh I'm so humble'...they had a warrior's mentality.

Fury is targeting a long-awaited comeback this year and could even be a future opponent for 'The Bronze Bomber'. However the American is not keen on the Tyson Fury style of fighting that famously gave Wladimir Klitschko nightmares.

"As a boxer, I'm not too fond of his awkward style. When you're awkward it's very hard for people to beat you. When you have a guy who's awkward, whether he's southpaw or orthodox, you've got trouble on your hands because you don't know what this guy's gonna do and what time he's gonna do it in," he admitted.

Wilder also had plenty to say on Joshua, who currently holds the IBF, IBO and WBA 'Super' belts after 20 straight victories.

"I think Joshua is scared to fight me. I think that you guys have boosted him and praised him so much...when you have a country on your side, it could boost your head a little bit. When you have a guy like me who knocks guys out, with a one-punch knockout, you're gonna be terrified," Wilder said.

"I know Joshua thinks about it all the time, probably when he sleeps, he thinks about 'one day this is going to end' and it could end with Deontay Wilder. I'm the biggest threat in Joshua's career. I just want to make the biggest fight happen," continued Wilder.

"Every fighter brings something different out of me that I show. I don't display everything that I have in a fight. I only display what the fighter allows me to display. I don't like to waste energy, I don't like to show too much. You've got to give people just enough so they can take home something to talk about and wait for the next fight.

"We like to keep people thinking that I'm just this wild guy in the ring. They can't figure me out," added the Alabama native.

Also on episode nine of the BoxNation Podcast, Ohara Davies gives his first interview since signing with Frank Warren and we hear from Billy Joe Saunders.
Have you ever noticed how wilder always talks when joshua has a fight signed then goes silent when he does.

Cos i have
Not that, but I see 2 things. I see Ortiz KO'ing no defense Wilder. Ortiz can bang, and has superb boxing skills. Sure, he's getting old and a bit slow, but Wilder has been wobbled before.

And two, I don't see AJ/Wilder happening, as Wilder wants an even split, and a fight in the US. Never happen.
Wilder was calling out Joshua before the Parker fight was signed. But as Diehard said, he's pricing himself out of the fight

I mean he's worth more than Parker but not 50/50
Wilder is worth 40% in the UK. He IS worth more than Parker due to marketability, but both Parker and Wilder are undefeated and each have a belt.
(02-01-2018, 05:46 PM)diehard Wrote: Wilder is worth 40% in the UK.  He IS worth more than Parker due to marketability, but both Parker and Wilder are undefeated and each have a belt.
40% of a much bigger fight 
...assuming both AJ and Wilder win. Both Ortiz and Joe are live opponents, and I can see either one winning if they have the right fight plan and execute it. Wouldn't that throw a spanner in the works?
Joshua vs Parker: Alexander Povetkin's fight with David Price confirmed for Anthony Joshua bill
http://www.skysports.com/boxing/news/12183/11232967/joshua-vs-parker-alexander-povetkins-fight-with-david-price-confirmed-for-anthony-joshua-bill
(02-03-2018, 10:23 AM)justafan Wrote: Joshua vs Parker: Alexander Povetkin's fight with David Price confirmed for Anthony Joshua bill
http://www.skysports.com/boxing/news/12183/11232967/joshua-vs-parker-alexander-povetkins-fight-with-david-price-confirmed-for-anthony-joshua-bill

Would love to see Price beat the drug cheat, probably  won't happen  though
AJ's not the only one who's gotten rocked:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gpAcMBO-Uc