Super 8 Cameron vs Meehan
According to wikipedia, both Kali and his son Willis were born in Auckland. So talk of this weekend having been an Auckland "homecoming" could be pretty real in their minds... I guess if they can get buy in on both sides of the Tasman, could prove pretty worthwhile for them...

But if the NZ public aren't yet onboard, thats another story...

I can't really tell- on the other side of the world.
I remember taking my son Regan into Kalis dads backyard gym in Auckland some few years ago for sparring, that just before Kali left for Aust. Come to think of it they would fit into the Nz scene with the old regime, how they fare with the younger set maybe a different story. As you say Cranky they register on the Aussie heavyweight listings not on the Nz... I guess they have made their foundations in Australian boxing and may even be naturalized Australians. I have two sons and a daughter over there who have become Australian citizens. Hmm, they still back the ABs lol
I been away for 12 years but (obviously) still back the ABs... As do my kids- one born in NZ is especially loyal, the others are less so, but it's still their team... Maybe thats the measure Sham....?
Yup mate. GO ABs!!! Gotta love that coach & team
Glad to hear you all enjoyed the show.
We have had great feedback and are pleased with the card and salute all the fighters, fans, trainers and sponsors who made it possible.
Love to hear suggestions for improvements and getting the mix right.
John McRae - SKY ARENA/VADR.
Great card Vadr, best ever. Maybe a stall for the old folks, tea n cakes..and oh yes half price entry lol
Nice of you to visit.
Thanks Shamrock.
Great forum to find out the mood of the boxing nation.
VADR, aka John McRae.  I mentioned something a while ago about how you could improve the Super 8.  Not that it needs much improving, as it was a great event!  But what I see happening is a 4-10 round event after the first round of the Super 8 fights, and another one after the second round.  As someone said, it wasn't fair to Soi, and maybe some of the other fighters.  They need to be at their best when they are in the ring.  Otherwise, a great event!

I do like how you guys and Duco are both involved in boxing.  Each of you offer something different, and it allows us boxing pundits to make choices, either one or both events.  Well done, and thanks for asking for feedback.  How about the light-heavyweights next, which is our best division right now in NZ.
Agree about staggering the eight man contest Die over the evening, seems better play for the finalists. The final just before the main bout perhaps.

However this was a superior show to any produced by Duco because of the unpredictability of the bouts. I bought this one ppv and would go again as in value for money and equality of matching, thankyou. I got stung once by Duco and suffered a low esteem complex as a result of sitting through it and the mental anx of having given up $40 to be unhappy and disappointed. I woke up sour the next morning.
(11-28-2014, 10:58 AM)shamrock Wrote: Agree about staggering the eight man contest Die over the evening, seems better play for the finalists. The final just before the main bout perhaps.

However this was a superior show to any produced by Duco because of the unpredictability of the bouts. I bought this one ppv and would go again as in value for money and equality of matching, thankyou. I got stung once by Duco and suffered a low esteem complex as a result of sitting through it and the mental anx of having given up $40 to be unhappy and disappointed. I woke up sour the next morning.

jeez sham i bet you wake up sour every other day of the week hahah