What will 2017 hold
It's a messy picture

Parker I think wins the WBO, but I think Duco will want to generate some easy money from it. I can see a defence against someone like a Szpilka followed by lucas browne. Safe fights that especially the browne fight will make money.

Joshua I'm really not sure, may fight klitschko in summer which I see him winning, then probably an easy voluntary.

Wilder, jeez please fight a live body but it'll only happen if he's forced.

Then you got Haye who will probably pick up some version of the WBA (I don't see him and Duco agreeing terms on haye v parker)

Ortiz?

Hughie fury?

Izu?

I dunno I'm just not hugely optimistic, I think 2017 will be another year with a muddy picture.
If Parker fights Szpilka, they are selling that in a big way to Poland. Izu fighting a name will be a co-main-event...
Poland???? Bloody hell hardly a boxing hotbed. You'd have to hope Duco is thinking a bit higher than Poland.
True- just like most of the world's impression of NZ. Yet Duco's done alright out of it. It's all about how you pitch it. Besides between the current crop & Adamek / Golota etc.. they've historically had a much deeper bench than this part of the world...
I hope they start making Las Vegas their home and get top fighters and cards organised to fight there.
Fair points all round- there's much bigger avenues than trying to start to open up Smalltown after you've got a Yuuuuge WBO belt to leverage...
I can see Parker defending against Gerber or Wallisch, then Browne.
I'd really like to see Parker v Duhapas
Duhuapas is a punching bag. I don't really rate him. He's destined to be a gatekeeper. Interesting if his potential fight against Takam goes ahead.