Anthony Joshua vs Joseph Parker: official predictions.
For me Joshua holds all the cards, he's faster, stronger and has been there done it. Silver medal at the world championships, gold medal at the Olympics and is world champion. Added to that it'll probably be held in his native London so I'm going for Joshua KO round five in a very one sided contest. Parker will come again though.
Joshua has fast hands but he is not faster then Parker. Also just saw the odds - Joshua paying $1.10 to win and Parker paying $8 to win! Damn that's crazy haha I think il be heading down to the TAB tommorow to jump all over that.
$8 that's crazy.
It's about right
AJ may be the favourite but I think Parkers a shot at this,
Especially at 8 bucks.

It's loo early for JP to step up , but it's even more so for AJ he hasn't experienced a higher level yet
I don't think we've been seeing the best of Parker in his his last couple , overdone and carrying niggles.

I can see AJ coming in cocky (poms are famous good at this) and gets rude awakening , Parker slips inside and attacks the head KO , speed beats power
I'm supporting my countryman. It's not going to be easy but if Parker can tag AJ early, the smile from AJ will disappear and all the stuff he has heard throughout his career about being the best will go out the door.

Parker combo KO in the 7th
I would love to see JP win but AJ although been fighting many bums has been fighting in big arenas with loads of pressure on him.
JP looked weighed down by the enormity of the Takam fight
Hopefully the Takam experience will be a lesson for Joe in shouldering expectation.
With regards $8 on the tab I guess there is a risk that the fight doesn't happen , or not in the near future at least
I think Hearn would rather AJ took some more stepping stones before taking on JP
Wouldn't be surprised to see AJ fight Takam level opponent before JP if he can
(06-30-2016, 10:23 PM)bart Wrote: I would love to see JP win but AJ although been fighting many bums has been fighting in big arenas with loads of pressure on him.
JP looked weighed down by the enormity of the Takam fight

He may have fought "many bums" although his pro record is pretty similar in quality to Parkers but he also had 2x wars with Roberto camaralle who is regarded as the best amateur heavyweight in the last decade or so, and fought in a world and Olympic finals plus obviously 2 world title fights so he's no stranger to big occasions.

I might put a bet on Joe at 8$ though that's crazy good odds, I give Joe maybe 25-30% chance

Think AJ is a different fighter since the Whyte fight though. And parker isn't enough of an unstable character to get under Joshua's skin and make him fight stupid like Whyte did.
I really doubt Hearn will risk putting AJ in with someone at Takams level, Stiverne would be a good fight for AJ that could happen.