Robbie Berridge
(07-15-2016, 07:23 PM)craigyid14 Wrote: The duco bill seems to have gone tits up, Berridge/Papuni no longer on the undercard and now Ricky Murphy has broken his hand in sparring. Still at least buttabean is fighting.....

Ricky Murphy vs Hatherley still on boxrec undercard, although off the duco facebook page, so not sure whats going on there
(07-15-2016, 09:41 PM)craigyid14 Wrote:
(07-15-2016, 08:01 PM)justafan Wrote: Its purely to build Parkers fan base in chch so as long as the locals buy into the hype a terrible quality is probably no concern for Duco

Why do you reckon they're holding it on a thursday night?
This is just a guess but would say I'm pretty close to the mark.
Heading into super rugby finals there would have been no grantee of whether the Crusaders were playing Friday or Saturday night and if they would be playing at home. Because the stadium and the arena share a lot of facilities, potentially hosting both on the same night would be a logistical nightmare let alone splitting the crown between the two events.
Well if that was the case its backfired as the Crusaders have to go to South Africa.
(07-17-2016, 04:58 AM)Justapakeha Wrote:
(07-15-2016, 07:23 PM)craigyid14 Wrote: The duco bill seems to have gone tits up, Berridge/Papuni no longer on the undercard and now Ricky Murphy has broken his hand in sparring. Still at least buttabean is fighting.....

Ricky Murphy vs Hatherley still on boxrec undercard, although off the duco facebook page, so not sure whats going on there

He wont fight with a broken hand.
Berridge in Canada next week?

MBP

17 hrs · · Sport · Health & Fitness
MANVELYAN BOXING PRODUCTIONS
on 29 july 2016 in Quebec/Canada
matchmaked by Alexan Manvelyan for GYM Promotions
Eleider Alvarez vs. Robert Berridge 10 rounds
Berridge's opponents constantly changing can't keep up lol . Alvarez Won a MD over Chilemba who recently gave Kovalev a good workout. Berridge is going to be up against it but hope he can do it!
His opponent looks to be fighting decent opponents. Hope Robbie isn't Jetlagged for the fight
Wow, interesting. Nothing from Robbie's camp about it. Hope its happening, you can't fault the fact he's willing to mix it with absolutely anyone in the light heavy division. At the very least he's being mentioned in the highest circles, still to date hasn't actually fought this year.
Eleider Alvarez vs. Robert Berridge on July 29

MONTRÉAL (July 23, 2016) – Undefeated No. 1 light heavyweight contender Eleider “Storm” Alvarez (19-0, 10 KOs) has found a solid boxer to face him on the July 29 card, featuring the WBC and lineal world light heavyweight title fight between defending champion Adonis “Superman” Stevenson (27-1, 22 KOs) and challenger Thomas Williams Jr. (20-1, 14 KOs), at the Videotron Centre. WBC Silver light heavyweight champion Alvarez will face New Zealand southpaw slugger Robert “The Butcher” Berridge (27-4-1, 21 KOs).

The Alvarez-Berridge co-feature, scheduled for 10 rounds at a 180-pound catch-weight, will air on Spike TV in the United States. Named “The Butcher” because of his aggressive style and power, the 31-year-old Australian sputhpaw has won the several regional titles during his pro career including New Zealand (2013 and 2015), WBC Asia (2013), PABA (2013-2014) and WBO Oriental (2013-2014).

“I prepared to face a southpaw in Chad Dawson and Berridge is also left-handed, so adapting will be easier,” Alvarez said. “I tip my hat to him for accepted this challenge with only a 10-day notice

“For sure, I am really disappointed in Dawson’s withdrawal, but these things happen that you cannot control. I’m still happy to get in the ring of the Vidéotron Centre in Quebec City.”

“Berridge is an aggressive, powerful and fierce fighter,” Groupe Yvon Michel president (GYM) Yvon Michel added. “We are pleased to have found an opponent of this quality to face Alvarez in front of the Spike TV cameras.”

Stevenson-Williams referee and judges announced
Names of the officials for the Stevenson vs. Williams main event fight have also been disclosed. The referee will be Michael Griffin (Quebec), the three ringside judges Richard DeCarufel (Quebec), Massimo Barrovecchio (Italy) and Juergen Langos (Germany), plus supervisor
Bob Logist (Belgium).

Two public training sessions were planned this weekend on Grande Allée Boulevard in Quebec City. The first, featuring Stevenson, took place today (Saturday) and tomorrow several undercard boxers will workout starting at 1 p.m. ET.

Tickets for the “SHOOTOUT” event, jointly promoted by GYM and Gestev and presented by Vidéotron, in collaboration with Mise-O-Jeu, start at $50.00 and are on sale and available to purchase at http://www.ticketmaster.ca, the Videotron Centre Box Office, calling GYM at (514) 383-0666 andthe Champion Boxing club (514) 376-0980, or by dialing 1-855-790-1245
I saw a picture on Facebook of Robbie Berridge training in Glenfield, over the shore today with the comment 'looking forward to the 13th'. I guess in reference to his fight at ellerslie. Still no mention of Alvarez in Canada.