Zhang/JJ. Sunday.
Nice to see Mr Zhang get his plaudits, I think it's good if we can get more Asians in boxing, there's a lot of great Asian boxers but most people only know Inoue because often times they get stuck in the Asian boxing circuit and aren't seen as bankable in the west which pisses me off.

As to the fight itself, I raised eyebrows when Joyce lost so much weight, to put it in perspective, Joyce was only 1lb heavier than Parker was when he fought Joyce. What was that all about?

It wasn't as though Joyce gained any speed, all it seemed to do was make his shots have less pop on them than normal.

Joyce is 37, he doesn't have time for a rebuild, he needs to try for the immediate rematch, come in at 275lbs where he does his best work, try and figure out a way to block some of Zhangs left hands and roll the dice. No other option that I can see.

The good news for Joyce is it was only one shot that did the damage really, the straight left. It's oversimplifying, but if he can figure out a way to negate that one shot, he would have a good chance in a rematch, I don't think it's an unsolvable puzzle although you have to favour Mr Zhang in a rematch.
So you're thinking rematch, Infern0? I just don't what else he can do, but I think they said he'd only faced one southpaw before this. Yeah, he mainly got hit with the left, but some rights were getting in also. I think JJ just doesn't have good defense. JP's punches just weren't powerful enough. I do think the loss in weight hurt him, but not enough to change the result.

Maybe face AJ? Two guys who have lost who are looking to rebuild their contender status?
I don't think they (JJ people) will take rematch straight away- JJ saw how that worked for AJ
JJ v Dillion Whyte later in the year for a stoppage win and then Zhang or a title fight
Wow - great result for Zhang. Absorbing HW fight

If I was Parker, I would be right onto Zhang for a matchup

The WBO belt may come online this year. Big opportunity
Whyte? Everyone's whipping boy now. Yeah, JP would have a good chance of winning this but I think Zhang is onto bigger things than Parker.

https://www.boxing247.com/boxing-news/should-joe-joyce-rematch-zhilei-zhang/261613
JP just needs to get his weight and tactics right, his teams often make bizzare decisions.

JP could outbox Zhang by being light and nimbe just forget about trying for the ko.

Knowing the way parkers career goes though he'd come in 270lbs vs Zhang
When was the last time JP got his weight and tactics right? Maybe Chisora II?
JP has no chance against this Zhang.

JJ came in light...but was slow? This was a horror show. Zhang had him bloodied, bruised and swollen by the end of the first round. It did slow down over the next couple of rounds, but it was inevitable that another left would land. Zhang had his hands down, threw little punches but completely broke JJ.

This fight has really hurt JP in my eyes. JP was not competitive with JJ, now JJ is not competitive with ZZ.

JP doesn't have the power to trouble decent heavies, but he doesn't throw enough punches to stop anything coming back and doesn't defend against getting hit back. This is very frustrating.

Congratulations to Zhang for the win.
I didn't rate ZZ against Forrest or Hrgovic. I didn't rate JJ against DDD. He was slow and easy to hit. Even against Hammer. But JJ looked the goods against JP and Zhang the same against JJ.

Very interesting HW division with Fury, AJ, Wilder, and Usyk needing to fight one another in some form.
https://www.boxing247.com/boxing-news/joe-joyce-got-exposed-by-zhilei-zhang/261643